cheap engines

would it be hard to mount these engines? I am starting to look at my next build, the price seems great on these and I am wondering what would be involved with mounting one versus getting a honda or HS kit.

This 6.5 engine would not work on a standard bicycle frame. Think what would happen if your bike broke in two at 50 or 60MPH. A custom built heavy duty frame would be needed. This engine can be moded to produce 10 to 13HP and when mated with a torque converter can be used on motorcycles or high performance gocarts. A push trailer is a possibility, but may be over kill for a bicycle. Some have tried this and later converted to the 2.5 HF engine. Somewhere I have seen a specially built bike with pedals using the 6.5. The owner stated that it goes over 60MPH and is scary at that speed.

Tom

This 6.5 engine would not work on a standard bicycle frame. Think what would happen if your bike broke in two at 50 or 60MPH. A custom built heavy duty frame would be needed. This engine can be moded to produce 10 to 13HP and when mated with a torque converter can be used on motorcycles or high performance gocarts. A push trailer is a possibility, but may be over kill for a bicycle. Some have tried this and later converted to the 2.5 HF engine. Somewhere I have seen a specially built bike with pedals using the 6.5. The owner stated that it goes over 60MPH and is scary at that speed.

Tom

Thanks for the info Tom. I will probably heed your advice. I was not going at it for speed, and I agree....even over 30 seems scary to me. And by saying that it is apparent that I do not even need the HP of this engine.....but the price does make it attractive.

After saying all that above I want this engine. I'm not decided on what I'll put it on, maybe a heavy duty 3 wheeler or a gocart. I do have an old Kawasaki motorcycle waiting to be remotorized and a comet cvt.

Tom

I bought one last spring for $120.00 and mounted on an old Craftsman garden tiller. One of the nicest small engines I've owned. Starts on 1 or 2 pulls everytime and runs very smooth. Great size for log splitters, generators, etc.. Heck, for that price, just good to have!

Back