Cheap Friction Drive.

I got two oem Honda clutches for $17 shipped. There are a deal at $8.50 ea. Being oem you know the engagement
speed and fitment are proper. Not a gamble like aftermarket clutches. The lining is more like a brake shoe with metallic
embedded in it.

Attachments

• IMG_1031.jpeg
    IMG_1031.jpeg
    387.3 KB · Views: 89
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I got two oem Honda clutches for $17 shipped. There are a deal at $8.50 ea. Being oem you know the engagement
speed and fitment are proper. Not a gamble like aftermarket clutches. The lining is more like a brake shoe with metallic
embedded in it.

Any good brake rebuilder can replace the pads for you. I did that on a mini bike, clutch and brake shoe pads.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Just a heads up, you can easily fit the Staton rollers to the LNL FD if you have the ability to drill and tap a bolt hole to retain the shaft in place. Just order the necessary parts.

Attachments

• IMG_1034.jpeg
    IMG_1034.jpeg
    154.1 KB · Views: 91
So this is now NOT an FD. Im bad not to leave anything alone. Seems I had an extra 5:1 gearbox and this is what happened. Will be chain drive. Nothing has been modded to interfere with reversing it back to FD. About a half hour job.
Will run a 19 or 20:1 ratio. Havent decided yet. Waiting on of all things a rag joint! Only down side I see is the engine is
20mm further out.

Attachments

• IMG_1039.jpeg
    IMG_1039.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 70
Heres the finished conversion. Works well. Top speed around 27 in flat, no wind conditions. Not bad for a 31cc.
was easy to do, and can be converted back just as easily.

Attachments

• IMG_1040.jpeg
    IMG_1040.jpeg
    492.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1041.jpeg
    IMG_1041.jpeg
    450.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1042.jpeg
    IMG_1042.jpeg
    266.7 KB · Views: 66
It does just fine here in the coastal flats, where the few hills we have are minor. It would be a might over geared on bigger hills. Would need a larger sprocket then. A shifter bike is the solution, or more HP for big hills.

It does just fine here in the coastal flats, where the few hills we have are minor. It would be a might over geared on bigger hills. Would need a larger sprocket then. A shifter bike is the solution, or more HP for big hills.
If ya want more hp get an auger from Harbor freight and slap it on there. If I remember right they make 3 to 3.5 hp on 49cc. I put one on my gas scooter and decided that it had way too much low end to stand on. So it's been sitting in my shop waiting for me to add a seat and seat post.

Thats an idea. I suppose a little pocket bike engine would do well also. It would bolt right up to the gearbox in place of the 4stroke. These two bikes are experiments to see if the little 4strokes are practical and durable enough to use. So far I impressed.
I have many other bikes that are faster, right up to the 55mph Minarelli. I just like experimenting with minimalist stuff
to see what you can get away with

I've had the chance to tear down one of those auger engines before and they have a high compression pop up piston in them, and with a little port work they could make for a crazy little bike engine. After I finish my scooter I'll start doing some port work to see what I can get her to do.

Back