Cheap upgrades/things to do to my bike?

Florida is flat btw. LoL believe what you want, makes no difference to me but if Google Maps says you're doing 53 and you're passing traffic in a 45 .....who's lying.
Thought y'all were smarter than that.
I'm not saying your lying man, I have no idea what you hit, I doubt my bike could hit 53 mph, maybe 48 mph on a really good day. I can't imagine how shaky it could be going 53 mph on a bicycle. When I get past 42 mph I can notice the difference in weight between my motorized bicycle and a motorcycle, you know, the MB doesn't have the weight to stay on the road as good.

Very Strong Tail Wind, Florida gets pretty windy and can bump your speed 5 - 10 mph easy

Any speed over 40 is scary on these things. I didn't say I stayed there. I said I looked at Google maps and it said 53mph. I only looked because I was passing traffic on 441. Its pretty flat and they just replaced that area of the highway.
I always imagine chain failure and crashing when I go faster than 40.

Florida is flat btw. LoL believe what you want, makes no difference to me but if Google Maps says you're doing 53 and you're passing traffic in a 45 .....who's lying.
Thought y'all were smarter than that.
The Google help page about the speedometer states: Important: Speedometers shown in the Google Maps app are for informational use only. Make sure to use your vehicles's speedometer to confirm your actual driving speed.

Now if I could fit this chain on a 33t without a chain tensioner. But what do I know. I'm just a newbie. LoL ran fine on a 44t without a chain tensioner..
Yeah found out today that a 12 guage spoked rim will fail too. Fried the bearings on axle. LoL

Im thinking about getting a 36tooth, i get up to 40mph on a 44tooth and it has way too much torque. I wanna go faster so i think 36tooth should help. Im on a $75 walmart bike so it might be a bad idea, ehh fck it!

View attachment 94846
Here's my bike. Sorry for messy background, I can get a better pic if u like. Some info:

80cc.
30-40 year old Ross Adventurer Road Bike from craigslist, very big heavy steel frame.
Built it in the summer, it rode well. Both tires popped first day of riding, had to replace them. Had to replace cdi and magneto once each.
Maybe 2-300 miles on it? No clue, rode it a lot but nothing crazy.
44 tooth.
Not running now, still waiting for new cdi to come.
Engine is completely stock, with a replaced magneto.
Extremely skinny tires, but I dont feel like replacing the wheels, costs money. They do fine and I never crashed cause of them. Rather all black tires, but whatever.
30mph top speed, last time I rode. Did not get to try out any of the upgrades listed:
Stock exhaust with the end taken out. Also shaved it down to bare steel cause it looks cool.
I drilled holes in the bottom of the magneto cover(to prevent water and heat in magneto, youtube tip.)
Took out air filter(youtube tip, possibly a mistake). Drilled holes in and ground down the air entry for the air filter case.
Got bigger handlebars.
New clutch lever.
Lot of stuff still coming from ebay soon: Cdi, spare magneto, handlebars(arrived), clutch mounted chain tensener, speedometer, back storage rack...

What should I do to my bike? Looking for performance, comfort, or really anything you think my bike would like to have. Planning on going for some nice long rides in may. I'm a kid, and though I do have $500 laying around from job last year, and that number will only decrease the more I pour into this bike. That's why I'm looking for cheap or free. Hell, even expensive if it's really worth it. Very new here and excited to talk about this!
your bike sounds like its running slow it should do around 35mph stock when you get your new cdi that might fix it sometimes they have weak spark sometime magnet is weak sometimes the coil is just lose so those should be checked and to go faster lets take that baffle out of the muffler and put some wholes in the air box so it can breath but if you have money i would do cnc velocity stack and airbox better sparkplug and looking at your garage if you have a dremel tool and a carbide i would take top end off and use your base gasket as a guide and trench out the bottom end and clean up the jug transfer ports dont do the intake or exhuast people dont realize it can actually change the engines normal function

Now if I could fit this chain on a 33t without a chain tensioner. But what do I know. I'm just a newbie. LoL ran fine on a 44t without a chain tensioner..
Yeah found out today that a 12 guage spoked rim will fail too. Fried the bearings on axle. LoL
Just gotto remove a couple links...
Eventually yout chain will stretch and get annoying to keep removing links. So its just bettet to have the chain tensioner in the first place.

Eventually yout chain will stretch and get annoying to keep removing links. So its just bettet to have the chain tensioner in the first place.
After some time the chain stretch slows down or if you use a good chain it's very minimal and no tensioner is then far safer and much smoother when the chain line is correct.

Back