Cheap upgrades/things to do to my bike?

After some time the chain stretch slows down or if you use a good chain it's very minimal and no tensioner is then far safer and much smoother when the chain line is correct.
Wow, maybe I should consider that, if it lines up good enough it's probably better to go without the chain tensioner, less drag.

Cheap and easy upgrades or mod's I would call them are really dependent on you're skill set and the tools available to you!Then it comes down to what you expect or would like to gain and in most cases reliability is more important than more speed but throttle response and drive ability can be improved while making it reliable.I do alot of basically stock engines for customer's with low budgets and just need it to work well for as long as possible so what I do is take it all apart and start with correcting the transfers front wall angle to direct the flow back toward the intake then radius the feed area (base of cylinder) and match the case to the cylinder and trim the gasket to match.If there is alot of height above the piston crown to the deck at tdc ( 1mm or more ) then the cylinder top gets decked,I like to get close to flush for more torque and to be able to set proper squish of .7 with the head gasket.This without even touching the port's all ready changes their timing slightly to our advantage then clean up all the port edges and chamfer them so that the rings pass smoothly.Reassembly is next but there are some tricks that make it easier and help it to last much longer without issue,first is to prep the crank shaft mains by lightly sanding them so that the bearings can be slip fitted rather than press fit,this help's big time if you need to take it apart in the future in that the bearings wont be stuck but also when doing the assembly if you press the bearing's into the case half's nice and square this ensures that everything lines up nice and spin's freely,Then when installing the piston to the rod I cut a notch at the side of the wrist pin bore ( I have a video on the site showing this ) and cut the arm/leg or whatever you wanna call it off the cir clip's because this is the leading source of engine failure and doing this completely eliminates that.Last is to install the head and check squish ideally no more than .8 mm as above that is ineffective,then the carb and exhaust need to be completely sealed with no air leaks so that it can be tuned and jetted properly also you can find on the site how to setup the rotor gap in the stator (wire loop) this is also a must for long life and good spark.The stock exhaust can be gutted (baffle removed) and still be effective at reducing noise but allow better flow through it,and if you intend to do longer trips a good cnc head will help keep it cool and running strong.If you can afford to spend a bit of money a good pipe makes the biggest difference even to a stock engine,I do race prepped stock engines where the crank also gets balanced and trued,better quality bearing's are used and it gets shimmed to reduce end play,I shim the wrist pin between the piston's shoulder's again to stop the rod from walking off the bearing and keep it all aligned,I'll widen the port's (intake/ exhaust) 2 mm each side but not change the timing (height) then skirt the piston on the intake side for more duration so that with a better flowing pipe this makes double the hp easily and just runs so much better.This is a stock engine,head,carb (NT speed) and 27" wheel with 40 t gear that can do 50 with out even getting a boost from the pipe it's just the engine pulling well breathing right!

Last edited:
Hello what if you slide the back chain tensioner closer to the front raise the wheel up and possible remove the other tensioner see if that works good luck.
I slid the wheel up without moving the tensioner, and took off the new one as it was dead resistance. Chain tight.

Original set up had an expansion muffler before a car ran a red light and I broke collar bone... Bike didn't seam much faster... Just a louder pop with expansion muffler... Don't ride in the rain. Cars dont care if you can stop or not. LoL
Nice wheel

@Shock... Look, I believe you man, just you gotta send us some proof. these guys want your stats, some numbers I don't know what the hell mean, but I want to see a video of you hitting 53 on that thing. We just gotta see it.

Update time fellas. Been a while here.

Here she is, once again
So it runs now, the cdi finally came, and a lot more things came too, chinese $10 accessories yk the deal...I find myself only taking the exhaust cap out to show someone how cool this thing sounds, any other time I find absurd to leave it out as the noise difference is crazy for this. So I like to keep it quiet. Still goes about 30, but maybe could max out at 32 33 around now probably, for whatever reason. I love these steel zipties they are small details but they bring a nice pop to it. A new brake cable came, you cant actually see it here but it's brighter white than anything else on this thing, so I went to normal brakes instead of that ragtag setup I had before. New chain tensioner did me no good and I can't find a way it ever will except for if the chain ever finds itself coming loose again. Speedometer! I really dig this thing and I knew not to waste another $10 on a mph version, when i could do it myself! Holding my phone and seeing where the pin met got me somewhat of a vision on where to put the numbers, but I'm still about 2mph too low on the disply lol. Whatever it looks cool, and is still somewhat accurate. I consider it a Level 3 speedomoter(yeah different levels like this is a game or something), as a Level 1 would be a phone holder, and a Level 2 would be a computer, I think. The odometer by my guess is still km, which both sucks and is good-then it looks like I have more miles, I guess. That bag rigged on next to it, I found in a burnt down house when riding bikes with some guys. Fun. It's a good spot to put your phone rather than loose shorts pockets. I found the perfect way to strap down that cabellas bag, it is a really nice bag. I am glad I had it and found a use for it. I ordered a double legged kickstand on ebay and it came here broken, cheap garbage. Glad it broke then, so I can still return it and know it was never fit to hold up a 100 pound bike. Yeah my bike is heavy, plus that cabellas bag is filled with crap I'd need on the road if a problem ever came around. Seems like I have it all-it just may be nice though, to feel the touch of a girl. Right? I don't know.

Once my new chain tensioner arrives I will video it also gonna mod this expansion chamber or get a wider pedal crank so it will fit. My buddy doesn't remember what he ported the 80cc to. We were drinking that night is why I said he frankenstiened it. And I remember him saying he jetted my carb too but Idfk..
I need to figure out why hot fuel mix splatters on my left ankle at high revs... So maybe I'll snap a pic of the internal for yall.
Acceleration on this beast is crazy...

You can shorten that spark plug wire and get it away from the exhaust pipe, if it melts and shorts out then you're shortening anyway. It just unscrews from the CDI and chop it off and screw it back in. I use MSD solid core wires for my bikes in 8 mm, of course they don't fit in the hole of the CDI until I sand down the end enough for them to fit.

Update time fellas. Been a while here.

Here she is, once again
So it runs now, the cdi finally came, and a lot more things came too, chinese $10 accessories yk the deal...I find myself only taking the exhaust cap out to show someone how cool this thing sounds, any other time I find absurd to leave it out as the noise difference is crazy for this. So I like to keep it quiet. Still goes about 30, but maybe could max out at 32 33 around now probably, for whatever reason. I love these steel zipties they are small details but they bring a nice pop to it. A new brake cable came, you cant actually see it here but it's brighter white than anything else on this thing, so I went to normal brakes instead of that ragtag setup I had before. New chain tensioner did me no good and I can't find a way it ever will except for if the chain ever finds itself coming loose again. Speedometer! I really dig this thing and I knew not to waste another $10 on a mph version, when i could do it myself! Holding my phone and seeing where the pin met got me somewhat of a vision on where to put the numbers, but I'm still about 2mph too low on the disply lol. Whatever it looks cool, and is still somewhat accurate. I consider it a Level 3 speedomoter(yeah different levels like this is a game or something), as a Level 1 would be a phone holder, and a Level 2 would be a computer, I think. The odometer by my guess is still km, which both sucks and is good-then it looks like I have more miles, I guess. That bag rigged on next to it, I found in a burnt down house when riding bikes with some guys. Fun. It's a good spot to put your phone rather than loose shorts pockets. I found the perfect way to strap down that cabellas bag, it is a really nice bag. I am glad I had it and found a use for it. I ordered a double legged kickstand on ebay and it came here broken, cheap garbage. Glad it broke then, so I can still return it and know it was never fit to hold up a 100 pound bike. Yeah my bike is heavy, plus that cabellas bag is filled with crap I'd need on the road if a problem ever came around. Seems like I have it all-it just may be nice though, to feel the touch of a girl. Right? I don't know.

Back