Cheaper to rebuild an HT engine or buy new?

I would like to leave the outer seals on the crank ones since it would be extra protection against leaks since I mean they’re Chinese seals. I don’t know about the bearing seals melting never had or heard about that issue. I kind of want to start building HT engines as they are capable of 50+ mph and a lot lighter than a predator 212cc but can go just as fast and aren’t a foot wide. Easy to rebuild too I think I will try porting and maybe get into the timing stuff as I’ve seen some fast bikes with not too much work done. Right now I’m trying to setup a vm18 for the black engine. I got a 90 jet but think I need a 22.5 pilot jet. The engine has 6mm mount studs though so if anyone could send me a link to a black crankcase with 8mm studs I’d appreciate it.
Difference is a 212 can do that same 50mph basically bone stock and still put 1,000s of miles on it commuting. A chinagirl needs quite a few mods to get there and is nowhere near as reliable.

Both are fun though! Wish we had a custom case to build bigger than a ~78cc though! A ~100cc chinagirl would be killer...

I think the biggest you can make is a 98cc look up zeda 98 on YouTube. I know the Frankenstein was 92cc but I think you have to fill in space in the crankcase and redo the holes.

Difference is a 212 can do that same 50mph basically bone stock and still put 1,000s of miles on it commuting. A chinagirl needs quite a few mods to get there and is nowhere near as reliable.

Both are fun though! Wish we had a custom case to build bigger than a ~78cc though! A ~100cc chinagirl would be killer...
I thought the 212s did like 35 stock I could be wrong though that was on a go kart and I think it was geared low. I will build up my 212 hemi eventually. I know a modded one can go in the 70’s cars and cameras did it.

Back