Cheapest mid drive so far

darwin

Local time
3:12 AM
I bought a Motobecane regular bike from these guys and they are nice bikes, not Wally world at all. More like a lower end Trek or DB. Can't say much about the electrics though. The price is great, and the Shimano mid drive has good reviews. What do you think? Motor is rated 418wh and not in amp hours. AH to me gives a more accurate idea of the range the bike can go. This is the cheapest priced mid drive with name brand components I've seen so far.
Mot-Elite-eSport-2021-01.jpg

Yea, I'd like a beefier battery on it. Everything looks good to me though. Hydraulic brakes are very nice feature. Never owned a mid-drive but someday........love the idea of changing gears vs a hub. Very nice features for the price on that one.

I bought the cheapest mid-drive last Christmas that I can find which I still have not tried out yet. Accomile powered by mid-drive Bafang 750 watt. It was on sale for $1,900 right before Christmas. I'll post some pictures after I get it unpacked and assembled. If anyone owns one of these I'd like to hear about it.

Freezer, we're definitely interested in your experience riding your bike. Range on the batt, shifting gears and other features it comes with. Is it a quality bike vs a Wally world bike? Specs look good on the motor and batt.

If it works for ya and ya like it...really that's all that matters eh?

I a not even sure if i am biased anymore since owning a hub drive and a mid drive.
Different beasts. I Love them both for different reasons.
I guess for sure it's personal preference and terrain.

Ride Safe ya'll :cool:

I bought the cheapest mid-drive last Christmas that I can find which I still have not tried out yet. Accomile powered by mid-drive Bafang 750 watt. It was on sale for $1,900 right before Christmas. I'll post some pictures after I get it unpacked and assembled. If anyone owns one of these I'd like to hear about it.
That looks like a fun bike, But I would have to change that seat.
I had that seat on my Rad Rover 5 Fat Tire E Bike it's not very comfortable
I changed it to a Cloud 9 Sofa Seat, ooh soo much better to have springs and a wider cushion for the Azz

Motor is rated 418wh and not in amp hours. AH to me gives a more accurate idea of the range the bike can go.
Watt-Hours to Amp-Hours is a fairly easy conversion. Power in Watts is calculated by multiplying Amps by Volts. I always remember this basic conversion system by calling it PIE. P - Power (watts) I = Amps (that is the actual designation) and E = Electromotive force (aka Volts).
_P__
I x E

You can simply re-arrange the equation as needed to find the value or I = P/E.

Since we know Watts in Watt-Hours all we need to know is Volts. According to Shimano the mid-drive that bike uses is 36 Volts. So we just take 418Wh and divide it by 36 and we get 11.61Ah.

Back