Cheapest "no engine" mounting kit?

Over the summer the greenhouses at the highschool was left vacant, and when we got in there in the end of winter this year there was a very thick carpet of goathead vines. Me and my buddy filled a 20' grain truck with just goathead vines. It was bad.

Over the summer the greenhouses at the highschool was left vacant, and when we got in there in the end of winter this year there was a very thick carpet of goathead vines. Me and my buddy filled a 20" grain truck with just goathead vines. It was bad.
I whole 20 inches :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ?!?! lol I know, typo. couldn't resist.

I used to get flats from Goat Head Thorns, but not any more with Tannus Armour (y)
Goat heads are much more fun when your running around the house in socks or bare feet and pick one up you dragged in on your shoes from the great outdoors.

It's great entertainment for the cats everytime I step on one.

It is amazing that cats NEVER step on any of them...Even the outdoor wild feral cats I feed never step on them and these thorns are all over the place here in Alamogordo...lol...lol.

You don't have to get that 48cc running right. I said it in a PM but I was using it as an assist whole you're trying to use it for "twist and go" riding. And for that it ran well. I never did more than mild pedaling but I was always pedaling.

Said it a lot on here but to me it feels like I'm helping the engine rather than the engine helping me because you have to manage a throttle and a clutch on top of riding a bike like normal.

Simplifying the bike and using a friction shifter as a throttle made it feel more assistive but I missed having gears on the bike, and being able to coast.

Those china girl clutches are like brakes when fully disengaged. I don't engine brake with 2 strokes.

You don't have to get that 48cc running right. I said it in a PM but I was using it as an assist whole you're trying to use it for "twist and go" riding. And for that it ran well. I never did more than mild pedaling but I was always pedaling.

Said it a lot on here but to me it feels like I'm helping the engine rather than the engine helping me because you have to manage a throttle and a clutch on top of riding a bike like normal.

Simplifying the bike and using a friction shifter as a throttle made it feel more assistive but I missed having gears on the bike, and being able to coast.

Those china girl clutches are like brakes when fully disengaged. I don't engine brake with 2 strokes.
I like getting the most out of the engine, so I'm looking forward to getting it dialed in and seeing just how much it has

IMG_20240506_212231.jpg

OMG it is SO much nicer now! If I had known the world of difference a crappy pair of front shocks, a cushy seat and proper bars would make, I'd never have built my first motorized bike until I had a frame like this! I absolutely love the new machine with the old engine!

I only took a short test ride because it was night before I got the damn thing done, but I can tell it will be a joy even to take a longer extended rides 14 miles to the small suburb town next to ours. It's just SO much more comfortable and bumps are so much less jarring!

It really feels like a small moped now!

Well turns out you shouldn't tape your CDI/kill switch wires together against the frame. I ran out of zip ties, so I used duct tape. Then I got an intermittent miss. The kill switch wires were exposed and the plastic shields were sliding up and causing the kill switch to work now and then during riding.

At least I figured it out. Also black automotive fuel line is too big and leaks, so I have to use the stuff they gave me. I don't like it because it hardens up, but at least it doesn't leak (unless you bump it and knock the line off). I almost didn't notice the black line leaking, was just a tiny weep, but that stuff is just too big I guess. I can't seem to get the smaller stuff I used to use on motorcycles anymore, but the big stuff works with clamps on motorcycles.

Well I guess if there was ANY doubt, no problem riding a motorized bicycle in Port Townsend WA, there isn't anymore...

I was riding and got behind a cop, who immediately pulled to the right, I thought to get behind me...

I got my mirror to work (sorta if I move to see), and I saw an SUV just like the cop one behind me. I also saw that the cops window was down so he definitely heard the engine, but anyway the SUV behind me turned out not to be the cop, just a similar model and color SUV.

This is like the millionth chance they have had to pull me over, I mean they have seen me, heard the motor run, never really given me a second glance! If you're here in this town a motorized bike is the way to go!

Back