Cheaply Fix Bent Wheel In Depth

Huh, that's odd. My 2.125" tire is about 1/8" too wide. The chain is rubbing off material from the tire, its getting really thin. Hard to pedal too its really annoying
You will want to fix this for sure before you get a rear blowout. The tire rubber is much more durable than the tube. The second the chain eats it's way through it's gonna be an instaflat.

If you feel like spending the time to do so, you can loosen all the left side spokes and tighten all the right side spokes. It might pull the rim enough to the right to get the tire away from the chain, but keep an eye on right side chain clearance.
Another thing you might be able to do is run 410 chain instead of 415, but you might need to grind your sprocket teeth thinner.

I'm gonna get a new single speed cog. What size (how many teeth) do you guys like using the most? I need one I can pedal across streets as fast as I can. Quick answer is appreciated I need to notify my wheel builder.

Last edited:
I just remembered I could just ride my mountain bike and play with the gears. I picked 18 tooth. But you guys can still post what you use if you want. Its good to know .

I'm gonna get a new single speed cog. What size (how many teeth) do you guys like using the most? I need one I can pedal across streets as fast as I can. Quick answer is appreciated I need to notify my wheel builder.
Amazon is where I bought it.
SUNLITE Single Freewheel, 22T x 1/8"

Yeah I currently have a 16 tooth on my 2 stroke and I look like an idiot to other drivers pedaling across the street from a complete stop 😄

Plus my tire was rubbing on my drive chain, my cylinder deck wasn't flat, so I had to pedal 3 blocks to start it AND I live in a hilly area. This is my face half way through 😫

I'm so happy I'm getting a new wheel and bigger cog 😌

Back