Check out this engine

Freddy Snottgrass

Local time
3:35 PM
I purchased a kit to have as a spare, I am throwing the engine on and I notice the head and cylinder are one piece. Another person had posted the same engine https://motoredbikes.com/threads/motor-head-bolts.59650/ a couple months ago. There is a stamp on the bottom of the jug of a pegasus and 2018. Anyone have any experience with this model?

headstyle.PNG

Headstamp.jpg

You know what... mine came without a screw to set the clutch cable just like the one in the image. I wonder if there is a little wire clamp somewhere in the box.

You know what... mine came without a screw to set the clutch cable just like the one in the image. I wonder if there is a little wire clamp somewhere in the box.
Or just use the one on the other motor kit for now until you can find one...just a thought here...DAMIEN

I use this one myself.

www.bicycle-engines.com

Brass Cable End with Screw (Part #31)

Your source for 2-Stroke and 4-Stroke Bicycle Engine Kits, Performance Parts, and Accessories!
www.bicycle-engines.com
www.bicycle-engines.com

I have that exact same engine. Bought it a few months ago. My kit was missing a few insignificant nuts, bolts, and the front engine mount strap but for $106 to my door.... I can't complain. I used stuff I had on hand here.
I do not use it a whole lot. I've had it 3 months or so and the engine now has 300+/- miles on it. It runs remarkably well. I've run it out the box and on the bike except for changing the clip position on the slide needle and an NGK plug. What I mean by running well is the engine has always started easy, idles well, has decent mid-range torque, and the absolute top speed is 30-31 mph. I have a 26" bike and a 44T sprocket.
It's had a few carb issues and a leaking base gasket but all in all things have been good so far. Time will tell if it stays running correct.
This is my first go round with a motorized bicycle. Prior engine and motorcycle experience has certainly made it easier to get this engine mounted and stay running. I would think no matter the brand of bicycle or engine this hobby will take a fair amount of hands-on fiddling to keep it going.

When I first got it rolling, after break in top speed was about 27. Anything over 6000 rpm according to the tach and the vibes felt way too bad to push it beyond but it had a good bit of throttle left. When I took the cylinder off to repair the base gasket leak, I cleaned out casting flashing in the intake and exhaust ports. I also cut the intake gasket hole to match the intake port hole. I put it all back together and now I'm able to get up to 7000+/- rpms and top speed is now 30-31. I am not sure whether cleaning ports up or sealing a base leak is the reason for being able to pick up 1000 rpms and 3-4 mph. The high rpm vibrations are way lighter now and definitely up above 6900 rpms.

I purchased a kit to have as a spare, I am throwing the engine on and I notice the head and cylinder are one piece. Another person had posted the same engine https://motoredbikes.com/threads/motor-head-bolts.59650/ a couple months ago. There is a stamp on the bottom of the jug of a pegasus and 2018. Anyone have any experience with this model?

View attachment 161538
View attachment 161539
Great engines for those that want a little power ( mine does 42, with pipe etc) and not a lot of maintence or tinkering. I recommend them to inexperienced builders for their first engines. Saves a lot of hassle getting it running. Again, good power output for what they are, last a long time when cared for, and you can find the jugs for a decent price when you need to swap out.

That engine is an NR80. They are somewhat rare. They are not the more common single piece cylinder engine.
You can tell them by the fact it has fewer fins on the cylinders head. The more common one has more fins. The quality is very good. I have been running one a while now. Mine has been an excellent runner. It seem well balanced for high rpms. It has a brief vibe band in the lower rpms then winds out smoothly. I havent run a tach on it but it revs pretty high. Easily hits 37 on a 40t and is decently torquey. I ran it all summer in higher 90 temps with no overheating. Thought maybe the sparse fins might run hot, but it didnt. It recently put it on a G2 reed , with a windowed piston and a Bofeng. Really improved low end and still revs like it did. It a good running reliable little engine. I swapped the cylinder to the other type single piece with more fins early on, thinking of cooling. Didnt rev nearly as high. Have to believe the compression is higher on the NR cylinder. I swapped it back.

Other thing is its a long rod, 40mm stroke which means it perfect for a Minarelli conversion. Has a good bottom
end for it. Also the cylinder bolt holes(uses short bolts) are 6mm. Compatible with the Minarelli with out having
to bore the cylinder and head to 8mm.

Your link made me go back and look at where I bought the thing. It is titled 80cc, it has a spec sheet with Bore & Stroke: 47x40mm ---- but then below... waaaaaay down, it has another spec sheet with it listed as a 50cc and a Bore & Stroke: 40mm x 38mm. I guess I get to take it apart before I run it... which is probably a good thing anyways, eh? I just don't have hex keys long enough FML... hitting HF tomorrow I guess.

Back