Check out this frame I just found

......sees copy of a preteen kids bike Walmart once had on $99 clearance (and they still had trouble selling)

"LoOkS LiKe ThE RiG oNe WoULd NeEd To SaFeLy Go 50mPh."

*sighs....SMH
ikr...its basic parts, was just looking at the frame for 2 strokes. ALL parts added to the frame will be the cheapest parts they can find. In no way will it be the "rig that can safely go 50 mph". You will need to upgrade parts bigtime if you want it to be "safe".

I guess someone will have to get one and see how it goes. Would look way better with a tank that hangs way lower or even saddle tanks. What parts about it are inferior do you suppose? Bearings and all or hubs? The rims look beefy. The rake looks nice and should absorb some shock. Or will it bounce you off the road lol? The weight distribution seems legit and pretty low. You guys got any hate for the front disc setup? Just wondering.

Well, it's a Chinese bicycle, most the parts are going to be generally inferior. The rear wheel looks better-built than the ones that came on the OCC, but those wheels are nearly impossible to keep true to begin with. The front wheel's spoke lacing looks dodgy considering there's a disc on it, but I doubt it would be a problem for pedaling speeds.

Speaking of pedaling, you ever sit on an OCC? I was going to buy one once, then I tried to get on the bike. They are really really small. I'm not a giant, 6'3" 210, but the OCC has less room than some 20" BMX bikes. If you raise the seat, the angle of the seatpost will cause it to bend if you're a heavy sitter. That bike is all heavy sitter, basically a novelty bike for preteens.

I guess someone will have to get one and see how it goes. Would look way better with a tank that hangs way lower or even saddle tanks. What parts about it are inferior do you suppose? Bearings and all or hubs? The rims look beefy. The rake looks nice and should absorb some shock. Or will it bounce you off the road lol? The weight distribution seems legit and pretty low. You guys got any hate for the front disc setup? Just wondering.
This bike wouldn't need suspension really, with the fork length. There should be just enough flex in that triple tree to be a semi-comfortable ride without suspension. Suspension forks will work funny with that head angle, unless its a very short fork. I will bet money that the wheels, headtube components, and bottom bracket components will be bottom of the barrel trash. Every part will need to be replaced with better parts (even the disk brake parts are bottom end). The frame itself I am very sure is much better than OCC frames with their failure square tube chainstays and seatstays. You will, odd are, need to replace all parts other than the frame. You will need machine out headset bearing races aftermarket to accept 1 1/8" headset, but once more, with this rake, suspension doesn't help so much. Look at how most choppers with an extreme fork angle don't use a suspension fork. This frame, by itself, has much potential. Its much better for a long term gasbike specific frame imo, since it is steel. We need to wait and see how this turns out.

yeah they r small. I have one on just sitting around thought it would be cool but even if you put a 24" on back and 26 up front, the pedals are too close unless you're like 5'4" or shorter. adolescent bike. would make for cool small trike conversion tho, so I'll keep it around for a while

I have an occ that was $50 with the engine. There is no way I would take that bike over 25mph. The front end geometry does not instill confidence lol. At 5'7" the bike would need a 8-12" stretch to be comfortable.

I agree it isn't very well suited for high speed riding but I think it could be a fun mildly motorised toy.

IMHO on a bike that can skid its front wheel when the disc brake locks it, and really can't endo, fork dive during front braking actually helps braking by shortening the ATC and steepening the head angle/ shortening the wheelbase and loading more weight onto the front wheel when you apply braking force, making the wheel lock and skid later than it would with the rigid fork.
You definitely need a crossed pattern spoked wheel to use a disc brake... unless the wheel has absolutely no grip at all. 😬

I'm pretty sure that you'd have to remove the existing head tube and weld a new one on there that would suit a proper strong 1&1/8" headset like a FSA The Pig/ The Pig Sealed. The fork would be stressed by the overly slack angle but maybe not too much, you could change the head angle but then we're going off topic to building custom frames lol! 🤑
So yeah, be a lovely little beach cruiser. Carry me fishing rods vertically with me Jolly Roger flying lol. 🏴‍☠️😂

I have an occ that was $50 with the engine. There is no way I would take that bike over 25mph. The front end geometry does not instill confidence lol. At 5'7" the bike would need a 8-12" stretch to be comfortable.

They do look cool with an engine bolted on tho, I can't deny that! I'd prefer a mini cantilever for a toy bike tho.

Something like an old-school traditional Stingray. HTs squeeze in there just right.

Back