Check your engines cranking pressure

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
another hater chimes in...
Jag. Were not hatin. You just come up with some pretty off the wall s**t. So much based in theory that doesn't pan out in practical applications. Please consider that some of these guys on here do a lot more physical testing rather than looking what has been written as to how things "should work". So much is still conjecture till it produces.

You're just illogical people. How can you compare a dragster to a Civic? A dragster runs hard for a 1/4 mile! A Civic is used every day as basic transportation.

And you think I'm "off the wall". WTF? I'm done talking to u dumbasses. Facts and details have no importance to stupid Americans. Only how they feel and how their buddies think are important.

BLESS YOU TOO. Logic is based on proven outcome. Ranting and raving won't change that. You have something to offer as do others. Make your argument in a respectful manor and listen to the opposition. Somebody is gona learn something.

You're just illogical people. How can you compare a dragster to a Civic? A dragster runs hard for a 1/4 mile! A Civic is used every day as basic transportation.

And you think I'm "off the wall". WTF? I'm done talking to u dumbasses. Facts and details have no importance to stupid Americans. Only how they feel and how their buddies think are important.
You were talking 5:1 and 6:1 ratios so I got confused as to what the hell you were referring to. Stay on pertinence. lets learn from others experiences. If your right I'd tell them americans to go rub salt in their ass. Buy the way your a american too. North South central. It's a Vespucci thing.

Hmmm, let's back off on the name calling and insults. Jag is right in general.
Increasing compression:
1) decreases reliability in an exponentially increasing fashion
2) increases heat to the piston, head, and cylinder in an exponentially increasing fashion
3) increases power in an exponentially diminishing amount

Where I (and probably others too) would disagree would be with fixed numbers as definite barriers.
My KTM 125 is running about 150psi and runs on regular octane fuel for many years.
My KTM 300 is running at about 165psi and has been for the past 15 years. That is reliable!
Pushing the China Girl into that range will likely assure a piston and cylinder life of well under 1000 miles.
I would agree with his 135psi pressure as a very rubbery line of where you start to lose reliability in the China Girl.

Let it be widely known, I have great reverence for St. Gordon, but as mentioned, that was 1973 (44 years ago!). Much has changed in metallurgy since then. Even the Chinese are making better cast pistons than we were using back then. I know, I was blowing them up!

Play nice guys, and have respect for each other. I have great respect for Jag and the work he has done. All the points I am reading are valid, but the harsh way many of them are delivered grate on my gentle nerves.

Back