Check your engines cranking pressure

• Thread starter Deleted member 12676
  • Start date
All attempts at acquiring rectal temperature readings have failed, I guess these things aren't for veterinary use... Time to move on to the normal probe edition..
trump-laser-pointer.gif

Last edited:
Hopefully we can omit any live footage for the "normal probe edition". And I bet that cat claws the s**t out of you.

Nah, I hate to see happy fools, so...
1) you have no f***ing idea what your engines peak temperature is and yet you assure me its not too much. Your method is super faulty! Only the area closest to the center of the head gets really hot and that starts to dissipate IMMEDIATELY after you turn off the engine. Stupid f***ing hillbillies. If I was god I'd invent a new law where when people reach a certain level of stupidity that they gag on it, not enough to die but enough to learn a lesson. People like you should not have the common right of being able to express yourself lest your stupidity infects others. I don't know why the moderators of this forum allow people like you to write anything. This reminds me of the moped army forum which has the craziest people in it. Anytime anyone with a voice of reason comes along they get attacked by a pack of rabid humans, as if they can't stand the presence of logic.
2) you don't need a TTO temperature gauge on every maladjusted bike you sell. Just buy one for yourself to see for yourself what your stupidity is doing to those poor engines.
3) you say the high pressure and high RPM does no damage. Yeah for the few runs you take them on they're probably just fine. But I garan-damn-tee you they are not reliable.
4) the great Gordon Jennings wrote that 175psi is the limit for reliability. But he was talking about regular motorcycles with good cylinders and CDIs, which these chinese engines don't have. On these the cylinder plating flakes off from high pressure and the CDIs were made for 4 strokes and they advance the ignition too much which drastically increases the peak pressure in the cylinder.

For every one but Sleazy Rider, please forgive me for this rabid rant. It's just that this guy who wants to replace knowledge with stupidity is driving me to lose all control. I'm not normally like this. To normal people I'm courteous. To ignorant hillbilies who have the audacity to open their big fat ugly pie-holes to spew out nonsense I just pull out the nukes.
I've been nice to you so far!But your arrogance and childish quip makes you look a fool!FYI that engine has at least 40 miles a day put on it every day and the longest trip so far was 140 miles return with NO issues at all I guess being the self proclaimed expert you think you are it pisses you off when someone is able to do what you CAN'T LOL!I have put out litterally 100's of mb's in just over the past decade how many have you done two? Post some video showing how superiour your s**t is climb a greater than 20 percent grade at over 35 mph show your engine reving over 9000 rpm loaded Oh that's right YOU CANT yet I and others can and have!

Two more nails in the coffin:
1) I found the horsepower/compression-ratio graph and the increase isn’t 8% but 4%. So people are lowering their engines reliability for only .08 horsepower.
2) I found the formula for determining the bearing lifespan. (http://www.amroll.com/bearing-selection-load-life.html) Also a graph showing that increasing the compression ratio from 5:1 to 6:1 increases the peak cylinder pressure 30%. Using that bearing formula I see that a 30% bearing load increase lessens the bearing life by 55%.

If someone has high compression but not overly high head temperature then it’s because their jetting is too rich for optimum power. If they lowered their compression and leaned the main jet then they’d have even more power and more reliability.

1) I found the horsepower/compression-ratio graph and the increase isn’t 8% but 4%. So people are lowering their engines reliability for only .08 horsepower.
2) I found the formula for determining the bearing lifespan. (http://www.amroll.com/bearing-selection-load-life.html) Also a graph showing that increasing the compression ratio from 5:1 to 6:1 increases the peak cylinder pressure 30%. Using that bearing formula I see that a 30% bearing load increase lessens the bearing life by 55%.

If someone has high compression but not overly high head temperature then it’s because their jetting is too rich for optimum power. If they lowered their compression and leaned the main jet then they’d have even more power and more reliability.
Nonsense. In a vacuum with no room for any error you may formulate bearing failure, but lets be real. What I am seeing here as relating to what we do I will relate in terms of collegiate degrees. 1. BS bulls**t. 2. MS more s**t. 3. Though not posted yet I'll consider as PHD. pilled higher and deeper. Show me a direct constant measurable relationship to the minuscule amount of of pressures created by upward movement of the piston in comparison to the immense pressures after everything goes bang.

OMG dude to rich?Lower comp and leaner for more power LOL !I know my camera angle sucked and it doesn't see what I do but you can plainly hear that the engine is not rich or laking power!

Gary I am not talking about anything other than the peak cylinder pressure which increases with increasing compression ratio which creates more bearing load to significantly lessen bearing life.

Gary I am not talking about anything other than the peak cylinder pressure which increases with increasing compression ratio which creates more bearing load to significantly lessen bearing life.
So you're saying that race engines have their internal components replaced more often than slower, cruising engines?
giphy.gif

Back