Check your motors people...

Frankenstein

Deceased - Frankenstein 1991 - 2018
Local time
10:24 PM
Where the TV show forensic files is produced.
PhotoGrid_1491097214378.jpg

Brand new engine, not even done with the first tank of gas and the bolt on the bevel gear backed out and burst through the clutch cover.

I've had these bolts so stuck I had to use 2 people to get them out, and other times they come from the factory so loose they practically fall out, this is the result of the latter.

Just another reason to check every last detail before installing and running. Happy it wasn't my bike.

at least the damage wasn't as bad as the paint job was

I usually check for wobble there when doing initial setup of clutch.

at least the damage wasn't as bad as the paint job was

I usually check for wobble there when doing initial setup of clutch.
You should see what the cylinder and head looked like, I'd of given it a week before it fried from overheating but seems that the bolt got a jump on engine destruction.

is that just house paint?

I always booger the threads on those screws before I put them in. we call it "farmer loctite"

is that just house paint?

I always booger the threads on those screws before I put them in. we call it "farmer loctite"
It sure looked like it was applied like house paint would be...

Not a bad way to keep it in place if you don't have any "proper" chemicals to do the job. Not like your bevel gear bolt will be taken out often enough to even worry about mucking up the threads.

If anyone doesn't understand the term booger, he means to nick up the thread a bit, I think a pair of pliers does this well enough, just so a bit of the thread isn't perfect.

Hey Frankenstein,
These pics look just like the ones my friend sent to me. I helped him out with a screw from one of my old motors and he said it's running fine now.
This is his very first build and I did mention that paint job. He did it with info from Utube . By the time I actually got to help him with his installation I feel it was too late, but I tried to get him operable.
I don't know how you ended up with these pics, but his name is Clem from Pennsylvania. I trust your judgement on your posts so lets help this guy out. He needs us.

Hey Frankenstein,
These pics look just like the ones my friend sent to me. I helped him out with a screw from one of my old motors and he said it's running fine now.
This is his very first build and I did mention that paint job. He did it with info from Utube . By the time I actually got to help him with his installation I feel it was too late, but I tried to get him operable.
I don't know how you ended up with these pics, but his name is Clem from Pennsylvania. I trust your judgement on your posts so lets help this guy out. He needs us.
Lol Dave these are the photos you sent me earlier I was pointing out the inherited flaws of the happy time. Haha of course we help him out, and yeah I think after having a bolt punch through his clutch cover he's going to want some help!

Nice to see you finally on the website, now make an account!

It sure looked like it was applied like house paint would be...

Not a bad way to keep it in place if you don't have any "proper" chemicals to do the job. Not like your bevel gear bolt will be taken out often enough to even worry about mucking up the threads.

If anyone doesn't understand the term booger, he means to nick up the thread a bit, I think a pair of pliers does this well enough, just so a bit of the thread isn't perfect.
Thanks for clearing that up else I'd have been blowing my nose on bolts when I ran out of locktite.

Back