Check you're NE5 Chain Guard

J

JE

Just thought I'd let everyone know I just had to weld the front chain guard mount where the mounting screw goes through. Also noticed I'll have to make a new thicker rear Fender tab. I'm going to make it out of stainless steal if anyone else needs one let me know. It's just as easy to make one or a dozen at the Metal fab Shop I work at.

thanks -- enjoy yourself -- ride that thing

I'm going to make it out of stainless steal if anyone else needs one let me know. It's just as easy to make one or a dozen at the Metal fab Shop I work at.

that's a nice offer made there JE

I would think that by now someone would be turning out a
good quality chain tensioner for those HT kits

sure have been a lot of problems with those

hey JE -- to see your offer -- warms the MB heart

we hope that you enjoy yourself always when you -------

------- ride that thing

Just thought I'd let everyone know I just had to weld the front chain guard mount where the mounting screw goes through. Also noticed I'll have to make a new thicker rear Fender tab. I'm going to make it out of stainless steal if anyone else needs one let me know. It's just as easy to make one or a dozen at the Metal fab Shop I work at.

What happened to the mount? Did it fail through the bolt hole?
I don't need a rear fender tab yet, but I anticipate needing one eventually. Have you seen the rear fender tab sticky at the top of the board and are you planning to make one like that out of stainless?

The guard cracked where the screw goes through. Yea I'm going to make it like the one in the sticky but they will be made from stainless and I'll be using a Hydrolic press so I can do more than one at a time

JE - I will buy a fender mount from you. Just let me know how much. I don't need one yet, but I am a very pro-active rider. Someone made some really nice ones in that sticky and I wrote and asked for one, but I guess they were sold out. - rob

I bought a pack of L-brackets from the hardware store.. holes were spot-on already. All I had to do was drill-out the two rivets from the fender, secure the L-bracket to the fender with bolts and nuts with the nylon threading to hold them (also used blue loctite), and mounted it to the frame. This thing will Not move now, and the bracket is quite thick - no more bending or breakage. Cost me $3 for the pack, and time removing the rear wheel drilling rivets out, etc. It was time well spent.

that's a nice offer made there JE

I would think that by now someone would be turning out a
good quality chain tensioner for those HT kits

sure have been a lot of problems with those...

The problem with that is making one that will work with more than a handful of the hundreds of frame someone might have....would love to see it, though.

I bought a pack of L-brackets from the hardware store.. holes were spot-on already. All I had to do was drill-out the two rivets from the fender, secure the L-bracket to the fender with bolts and nuts with the nylon threading to hold them (also used blue loctite), and mounted it to the frame. This thing will Not move now, and the bracket is quite thick - no more bending or breakage. Cost me $3 for the pack, and time removing the rear wheel drilling rivets out, etc. It was time well spent.

I was wondering whether L-brackets might work. I've already used them as fender tabs on other bikes, but I haven't checked yet to see if they line up right on the Whizzer.

Back