Checked out the lake!

RB55

You guys are lucky that you don't live in Kentucky like me though...the weather is literally bipolar in the winter. We randomly get 75 degree days in the middle of winter mixed in with mostly cloudy and rainy 40 degree days and some occasional 20 degree sunny days...but mostly gloom and wet. Awful for motorized bicycle riding, you get cold and soaked when you're done. Crashed my bike in January because of the eternally wet roads...pretty mad about it as I was making a sharp hairpin corner at a reasonable speed but my bike just decided to head out from underneath me :mad:. There was actually water flowing across the road but I didn't see it until it was too late but the bike still shouldn't have slipped. Bicycles have AWFUL grip on the road when it's wet. I mean NONE. I didn't take the corner that fast but ended up in a pile of leaves on the side of the road along with the bike lol. I just got a bit of road rash and some bruises, but nothing bad. Now though I really hate riding in the rain as I have to slow down so much before each corner and my neighborhood road I ride on every day is a narrow one lane road full of turns and hills. Anyway spring is coming soon and my new MB I've been building has kept me entertained. Can't wait to ride it...I'll describe it more later but it will be producing about 5 HP compared to my old one which made 2 at best.

Frogslayer

-20F this morning, -50f is what it feels like in the wind. Might be a little warmer in Kentucky.

Chainlube

RB55

When riding in colder temperatures a ski jacket and heated mittens work wonders, the coldest I've ridden here in Kentucky was -15 F one night and I felt nice and warm using them. My eyes were actually the only part that got cold and made me stop eventually... 35mph cold wind straight to the eyes for 30 minutes straight makes you cry lol, I couldn't see where I was going. Some ski goggles next time or a full face motorcycle helmet would fix this.

Frogslayer

Yes, i agree with the eyes freezing up. I have long thick eyelashes (not bragging i promise) and my eyelashes will freeze together after my eyes water from cold wind lol. My wife (from California) was like "don't forget to wear your helmet" before the brother in law and i went on a 100 mile snowmobile tour. I laughed and said that's the only protection between me and 100mph of cold wind snow and ice. No one rides snowmobile without a helmet very far that I'm aware of. It's just too damn cold.

Chainlube