Chicago 4-stroke springtime cruising

• Thread starter Deleted member 33209
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 33209

Had to get out of this house. Put on your favorite music and enjoy a ride with me from my home to the lakefront area of Chicago and back. The bike is a 4-stroke Cheata Varuna with your basic Hausheng 49cc with a grubee 4g belt drive trans.

Cheers

Grubee makes the best belt drives, all bearings. He left bushings
years ago.

Had to get out of this house. Put on your favorite music and enjoy a ride with me from my home to the lakefront area of Chicago and back. The bike is a 4-stroke Cheata Varuna with your basic Hausheng 49cc with a grubee 4g belt drive trans.

Cheers

Good video, however you did do an Idaho STOP on 2 STOP signs. An Idaho STOP isn't legal for any vehicle with a gas engine. If you're going to film and post on the public media then completely obey all traffic laws. When one post videos of not obeying traffic laws it causes many people to think all MB'ers believe traffic laws don't apply to them. I commend you for the one STOP sign you did come to a complete stop at; also for having handle bar mirrors.

The bike lanes in your video are horribly designed and totally unsafe. You'd be much safer in the center of the lane of traffic. By being in the center of the lane it's known as Lane Control.

Hope to see more videos from you soon.

Don't drive too close to parked cars. I know someone who was killed
on a bicycle by someone who opened a car door he hit and went over.

Good video, however you did do an Idaho STOP on 2 STOP signs. An Idaho STOP isn't legal for any vehicle with a gas engine. If you're going to film and post on the public media then completely obey all traffic laws. When one post videos of not obeying traffic laws it causes many people to think all MB'ers believe traffic laws don't apply to them. I commend you for the one STOP sign you did come to a complete stop at; also for having handle bar mirrors.

The bike lanes in your video are horribly designed and totally unsafe. You'd be much safer in the center of the lane of traffic. By being in the center of the lane it's known as Lane Control.

Hope to see more videos from you soon.

Thanks for the feedback. I do try to do my best to follow all of the laws. I felt horrible about blowing past the pedestrian in the middle of the crosswalk with a yellow sign, that's a big no no around here. Everybody is supposed to stop for those signs. I'm just impressed you watched the whole video, I wasn't sure there would be any interest :)

Thanks for the feedback. I do try to do my best to follow all of the laws. I felt horrible about blowing past the pedestrian in the middle of the crosswalk with a yellow sign, that's a big no no around here. Everybody is supposed to stop for those signs. I'm just impressed you watched the whole video, I wasn't sure there would be any interest :)
What's really scary is those bike lanes; they're an accident waiting to happen

Back