China Frame Mount Engine

InfoCentral

Local time
10:33 PM
I've seen these frame mount engines for sale with everything including the all the mounting hardware for a little over $200. I was thinking of getting one just to start out on my first project but I've heard that these are all junk and told not to waste my money. True???

to be honest with you Infro
I would spent more money -- and buy a high quality set up -- 4 to 7 hundred dollars
if I only had two hundred to spend -- I wouldn't have much choice....

no matter what - get it and - RIDE THAT THING

I'm up for spending more money but I don't see too many options out there being offered. I would ideally like to get a frame mount, belt or chain drive, Honda powered motorbike. From what I have seen so far offered is the behind the seat Honda belt drives...not the old school look I am trying to obtain.

I think that I know what you are talking about InfoC

if you get the time go take a look at HoughMade's MB picture here on site

also "the kind" I really like ----------------- ride that thing

Last edited:
Do a lot of reading here. About 70% of the posts here deal with this type of engine.

I'm up for spending more money but I don't see too many options out there being offered. I would ideally like to get a frame mount, belt or chain drive, Honda powered motorbike. From what I have seen so far offered is the behind the seat Honda belt drives...not the old school look I am trying to obtain.

Look at the kits from http://www.bicycle-engines.com They have a complete kit with a chinese copy of a honda motor for Just under $400.00 or they have an install kit with everything but the motor for just under $200.00 and you can get a real Honda GXH50 from http://www.smallenginewarehouse.com for $210.00

ocscully

Attachments

• Bike-9-28 132.jpg
    Bike-9-28 132.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 575
just as recommended -- HoughMade's MB

I think that I know what you are talking about InfoC

if you get the time go take a look at HoughMade's MB picture here on site

also "the kind" I really like ----------------- ride that thing

kind of thought that you would like HoughMade's MB

looks like a Honda to me

since the age of six or seven -- Honda's have always made it nice to

ride that thing

I bought a 4cycle kit from "BikeKitsDirect"..It is a copy of a Honda engine, but its made in China...I have been very pleased with the engine...Its run and idles do much better than a 2 stroke..only drawback is the "hoot" transmission....it is not made to free wheel, so when you let off the gas the engine really holds the bike back....I paid $269. for the entire kit, including freight....All in all, I think I got my money's worth...and Bill will work with you...

Back