China Gas Offering 4-Stroke With Generator

• Thread starter Deleted Member 4613
  • Start date
We have to remember that these engines were designed as utility engines, not for bicycles. The lighting/alternator coils on utiity engines were meant to directly run lighting without rectification or regulation. The brightness will vary somewhat with engine speed. But remember, for their intended application, the engine usually runs at a fixed speed. Since the alternator coils are energized by the flywheel, it makes sense that the engine had to grow a little to accomodate the new hardware.

It wouldn't be hard to use a from a pocket bike or small imported ATV. They can be had cheaply on eBay.

I realize all that, have already found the part they refer to (checking for availability):geek:
my point was...if using the gen as a selling/usefull part of the kit, why not include the regulator/rectifier ???
I am not seeing the logic ??? (or just to blind to see it)

LOL,,, a one-eyed man making blind jokes :):):)

Last edited:
I realize all that, have already found the part they refer to (checking for availability):geek:
my point was...if using the gen as a selling/usefull part of the kit, why not include the regulator/rectifier ???

That's why i called them "incomplete" on another thread.

You missed this part of my quote:

"The lighting/alternator coils on utility engines were meant to directly run lighting without rectification or regulation"

Rectification or regulation is not necessary.

Kind of like how the white wire works on a Happy Time engine.

arcee, I did miss that part:(
so without, it will work, but the lights will dim at idle?
sounds to be as usefull/frustrating as the white wire !!!

Straw Man

The manufacture raised the need for additional parts, none of us.

I would assume having suggested a rectifier and regulator might indicate that they felt the raw output would not be usable in a majority of applications?

Running a engine from say 1000 RPM to 8000 is bound to create a major difference in the voltage and it really would seem that some control would be prudent.

I will make the point again. This is a tacky add on that makes the engine more or less unusable for use in a frame. While I agree this is basically a utility / general use engine, the exporter and importer are suggesting it is suitable for use on a MB.

After you buy one and the belt drive box with its major overbite output sprocket, who is going to hold your hand when you find it is more like setting atop a horse rather than a bicycle. Then you notice you can't even see the peddles under the engine.

Just my take. everyone is entitled to their own. 8O) =

Jim, with nothing better to do that nit pick MB components.

Velosolex drive

Attachments

• velodrive.JPG
    velodrive.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 295
I would think that using it to charge a battery and running the lighting system off a battery would be the way to go. That way the lights don't go dim at low rpms or out if the engine stalls.

Using a regulator to keep a battery charged should not be a problem. I don't get why it is not included.

Surely who ever starts to sell those things will include a regulator in the kit.

Good to see someone thinking about lights for us.

Our things need lights ! :unsure:

we definetly need some lights

i cant wait til something comes out for the honda
or until i figure something out

anybody know where i can get a cheap 12v 100w gen to experiment with?

Back