china performance

Arrow

OMG, A bolt on reed valve for a china girl. What'll they think of next? Guess I'm a little behind on all the new stuff out. If anyone out there is feeling real generous feel free to send me ANYTHING Arrow makes:giggle:. They have some pretty cool stuff. Pricey but still cool. Although I'm not a RACER, It helps to be able to get away from some cager trying to run you over, (Intentionally:mad: or otherwise:rolleyes:.)
Big Red.

I'm planing on just doing the exhaust and induction extention for now and looking into a ignition upgrade as i have heard to factory one is terrible an the jaguar one should make the engine run cooler.. after i'm thinking of a new carb and combustion chamber to finish it off.. whats everyone elses thoughts?

Cody

Performance Mods.

Depends on what you mean by exhaust and induction (intake?) extension. It helps to make sure the ports are smoothed out and clear of factory imperfections. A better carb NEVER hurts, and a good combustion chamber is the right way to go. Just don't get the cheapie BGF chamber. I've got one and they SUCK. Sunmotorparts sells one that looks better than the BGF one for not too much money,http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-66cc-4...159?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac26cb57f But BGF also sells the Voodo chamber that looks OK. http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-bicycl...ling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2576a38f60But I'm sure others know more about them than I do.
The Jaguar CDI should give you better performance, But run cooler?
It sounds like yer on the right track. But if you're gonna pour a lot of money into it you might as well get a Morini or a Arrow engine.
Just remember, after almost any modification you'll have to re-tune your air and fuel flow ratio, and that really takes a better carb than the stock one. If I were going in your direction I'd start with the carb, Jaguar CDI and expansion chamber. See if yer happy with the performance and go from there.
Big Red.
-------------------------------------
IT'S YOUR BIKE, BUILD IT YOUR WAY.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
yes my CDI runs the engine cooler by not having the ignition timing too advanced at high rpm like the stock CDI does.

yeah my motor didnt make it to the race. Im really frustrated. JNM told me to make a race engine for them. I worked my rear off to get it done in time. Then he dont even use it! Not the first time. He said he wanted to try my torque pipe also. I sent him one free of charge and he never even tried it. :-(
If you want something done right you have to do it yourself. That relates to this threads topic. If you want to learn more about 2 strokes then do all the little mods yourself and little by little you will also expànd your knowledge base.
essential mods:
lighter wrist pin
increase compression
Jaguar CDI
bigger better carb for 69cc. (anything over 16mm is a waste if using a standard intake manifold which is 16mm interior diameter)
better 14mm or 16mm carb for 48cc
extend the intake by buying an offset intake manifold and 2.5" length of 3/4" heater hose.
lower the intake port 1.6mm and raise the exhaust port 1mm at a time till you have the top speed you want.

Yeah Jag, I just read your last post. Uno, considering all of the time you put into these little 2/strokes, that would not set very well with me either? Really, the thing about it is, I'm sure there is a reasonable answer for them not using?!

What you said about doing it yourself, or just hands on, is so very true.

yeah my motor didnt make it to the race.

Im really frustrated.

JNM told me to make a race engine for them. I worked my rear off to get it done in time. Then he dont even use it! Not the first time. He said he wanted to try my torque pipe also. I sent him one free of charge and he never even tried it. :-(
If you want something done right you have to do it yourself. .
Don't worry there is another SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing event on Saturday
June 1st back at Grange Motor Circuit racing the track in reverse which is
clockwise.

This will only be the second time we have raced clockwise so new racers will
be on a fairly even footing.

JN Motors Bikes said their rider was sick and it is a loong way from Seattle to
southern California so I can understand why they didn't make it but I am sure
that they will be there on June 1st.

JN Motors Bikes gave us some very cool prizes for the new Amateur 2 Stroke Class.

Walbro stage 1 carb with adapter, JNM Damp-Pro Kits

Last edited:
Cody, are you going to cut the baffle cone and weld in an extender? Maybe you wont feel motivated though. I know the difference because I tried both types. Having the "torque" mod enhances low and mid range rpm power. It was essential for me because I lived in a hilly city.
What carb are you considering?

Personally I find a 66cc $200 ($170 delivered on sale) SKyhawk 2-stroke engine kit and $180 SBP shift kit on a bike with internal hub gears to simply out perform any direct drive 2-stroke no matter how you spin it before you even get to the simple mods like an Iridium plug or X-chamber.

I also find just a lowly 49cc HS 4-stroke with an SBP shift kit on an internal shifter bike to just blow me away time and time again with it's raw high end power and I'd put any of my 3-speed 4-stroke builds against some HF Preditor direct drive any time for off the line speed, 1/4 mile and maybe even more.

Neither of those base stock models are in the modified race class mentioned in this topic but they don't start at $500 just for the motor with a 'thigh burner' exhaust either, but having both underdrive and overdrive gearing totally changes how you can put and keep any motor in the 'sweet spot' of power for the speed you want regardless of terrain.

I'll I am saying is actual on the road performance under many conditions has as much to do with the bike itself and the drive train as the motor itself.

At the end of the day (including engine repairs and replacement parts) it's not a cost effective concept of trying to extract performance out of a 2-stroke Chinese bicycle engine. They are not designed (in standard specification) to handle the extra power or increased rpm over the standard setup.

There are a number of aftermarket components which improve the reliability of usability of the Chinese bicycle engine which is the most important factor if using the bike as a recreational touring option or a low fuel cost transportation option.

If a person wishes to find true performance with acceptable reliability, they need to install a Morini engine.

True once again,

It just nears impossible to use china and performance in same sentence????? If you do, it just appears to not last very long?!!!!!~

Back