Chinagirl vs Phantom 85

Aikaru

Local time
10:27 PM
So this is something I've been wanting to discuss for a bit now...but why does it seem that people have more issues with the phantom and YD engines rather than the standard chinagirl engines you find off of amazon? I've heard 10 times more horror stories with piston failures and gasket failures with the "higher-quality engines" than I have with chinagirl engines. Are chinagirls actually just a more reliable engine?

but why does it seem that people have more issues with the phantom
can't speak for the YD100s but the Phantoms are a factory defect problem...Read my two posts below with response to email i wrote to bicycle-engines.com alerting them to the problem...(A Known factory defect)...DAMIEN

can't speak for the YD100s but the Phantoms are a factory defect problem...Read my two posts below with response to email i wrote to bicycle-engines.com alerting them to the problem...(A Known factory defect)...DAMIEN

Oh wow...maybe they have more issues because those engines are slightly more complicated than a chinagirl?

So this is something I've been wanting to discuss for a bit now...but why does it seem that people have more issues with the phantom and YD engines rather than the standard chinagirl engines you find off of amazon? I've heard 10 times more horror stories with piston failures and gasket failures with the "higher-quality engines" than I have with chinagirl engines. Are chinagirls actually just a more reliable engine?
New stuff always has bugs. They figured out the yd, i have one and its pretty nice for what it is. I want a phantom, but I'll wait for the bugs to be worked out. You'll never find all the problems till things hit the market and we start beating on them. When they get the phantom figured out, I'm totally getting at least one. I want one of all the engines, at the min. lol

New stuff always has bugs. They figured out the yd, i have one and its pretty nice for what it is. I want a phantom, but I'll wait for the bugs to be worked out. You'll never find all the problems till things hit the market and we start beating on them. When they get the phantom figured out, I'm totally getting at least one. I want one of all the engines, at the min. lol
My amazon engine is almost like a ripoff YD100 and not a complete chinagirl. It's very weird...
It has a 40mm intake like a YD, hex screws like a YD, sounds exactly like a YD
When I bought it it was about 130 bucks for the kit.
The engine is amazing but the stuff that came with it was awful (The clutch gasket was broken and moisture was getting inside)

I buy ebay, lol. I've yet to get a bad engine. I like to stick to CDH for a lot, they have great customer service. I do buy off brands though. When I get good deal, even if the engine kinda sucks, I still got a great deal on parts, lol. I know some don't have a lot of money and have to pick from a cheaper grouping, I just like to have that customer service behind the product. I'm willing to pay more for a friendly smile that helps solve my problems. I also like buying from people that are trying to be innovative, or just add a good product to the market while making a few bucks. Just normal everyday people ya know. Hand made stuff is worth more, because some put their time to do it perfect for ya.

I buy ebay, lol. I've yet to get a bad engine. I like to stick to CDH for a lot, they have great customer service. I do buy off brands though. When I get good deal, even if the engine kinda sucks, I still got a great deal on parts, lol. I know some don't have a lot of money and have to pick from a cheaper grouping, I just like to have that customer service behind the product. I'm willing to pay more for a friendly smile that helps solve my problems. I also like buying from people that are trying to be innovative, or just add a good product to the market while making a few bucks. Just normal everyday people ya know. Hand made stuff is worth more, because some put their time to do it perfect for ya.
I've learned that JRL is probably the worst Chinese company for parts. Every part I've got from them sucks.
CDH is really good I agree. But I prefer to pay premium for BBR Tuning parts. They're so high tier.
However my biggest fear is putting so much into this engine for it to just explode or something one day lol.

I've learned that JRL is probably the worst Chinese company for parts. Every part I've got from them sucks.
CDH is really good I agree. But I prefer to pay premium for BBR Tuning parts. They're so high tier.
However my biggest fear is putting so much into this engine for it to just explode or something one day lol.
I know the feeling. I've got a pretty penny in my nitro bike. I was worried I was going to ruin it. I've been taking my time, consulting with the guru's here, and she's coming along wonderfully.

I'm on board with CDH too, I think they do good at there stuff, yeah you always have nervous feeling after building a engine & starting it for 1st time. I think building a engine from ground up is best thou, more costly yes, I think it makes feel more proud & end product is better. But I like to tinker thou.

i want one of each too !!

Back