Chinese 2 stroke- Wiring How To's (basic and advanced)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an 80cc black engine that only came with 2 wires blue and black this engine is missing the white wire but also when I look at the magneto the black wire is coming from the place that the white wire is supposed to be and the black wire is supposed to be screw to the magneto also the kill swith wires are red and black. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME OUT HERE???

What if I happened to have mistakenly put the red wire from the kill switch to the black and the black wire to the blue? Would that completely stop the entire engine from running again? For some reason, I saw that inside one of the wires that it was burnt? Like, it wasn't connected the right way and made it burn out the wire. Will those two kill switch wires permanently make the engine not run again if I didn't put the colors together? I have the black to black and blue to blue for the CDI going into the Magneto. Any advice would help!

no, kill switch wires make no difference, hook either one to black and the other to blue

sometimes the clear insulator on the connector looks burnt because they put it on with heat - no problem there

So how would the engine fare if I were to power a Trail Tech Vapor gauge with the white wire? I know it draws away from the spark, but would powering a gauge draw a significant amount? Has anyone tried it? I'm planning to get one for my MB. I think it's like a motorized bike equivalent of a Cycle Analyst.

It would be labored to start, but once adequate power is supplied to the device you will be alright as far as operating functionality.

I'm guessing it's as much power draw as a tach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back