Chinese 50cc and below Thread

Javohn Dyer

Local time
3:41 AM
How fast was your Chinese engine (below 50cc) stock , 20mph, 30mph? I hear quite alot of variation and am curious if the chinese engines at that cc, can reach 35-40 mph safely.

What are your perspectives?

Edit: If anyone has any information about there ebay engines, that would be great also.

Last edited:
My son now has two of these the first is an all stock grubee 48cc and other than less bottom end torque when the rpm builds they work well and it will do 40 mph in small bursts I dont recomend that it runs long at full throttle!The next one is a Starfire gen II(zeda) 50cc this one will be for his race bike and is currently mounted in a regular mountain style bike it has been decked,ported,and has upgraded bearings thru out,it has great torque and revs up to 11,000 and hits almost 50 48mph so far with the stock gear!The smaller dissplacement consumes less fuel and have slightly less rotational mass(less vibration) and for lite weight ridders IMO work very well,a 66cc with stock gearing may accelerate better than the 48-50 but in the mid and upper end the speed is the same!

I have a stock-ish Grubee 48cc.
It will easily achieve 30+mph on the flat with the 56t sprocket and does a good job of climbing hills.
My only mods were to use the chrome non-cat muffler and to set the squish gap on the head.
Mine is a 2012 vintage motor and vibrates much more than my 2015 66cc Grubee.
Newer motors are probably better.

I have a stock-ish Grubee 48cc.
It will easily achieve 30+mph on the flat with the 56t sprocket and does a good job of climbing hills.
My only mods were to use the chrome non-cat muffler and to set the squish gap on the head.
Mine is a 2012 vintage motor and vibrates much more than my 2015 66cc Grubee.
Newer motors are probably better.
Yeah they seem to like to rev assuming you were on a 26" wheel thats 9000 + stockish very respectable!

I can run at 20mph. I think I can do a bit higher, but rarely have room to do it. But that's about it; probably all the HT can do at 8500 ft above sea level.

I have 4 49 cc bikes, a jai ling rmc 50 gl sportster... a bashan 49q-2 all four strokes and they go significantly dif sppeeds.The jai ling does 45 while the bashan does 32.mph I put a new engine from monster scooter in the bashan.,. did not change sprockets.I live at the top of a steep hill so i need the torque.I was told to swich the 44 back to 37 and add a 14tooth to the front from 12 it would do the 45 i was seeking..

How fast was your Chinese engine (below 50cc) stock , 20mph, 30mph? I hear quite alot of variation and am curious if the chinese engines at that cc, can reach 35-40 mph safely.

What are your perspectives?

Edit: If anyone has any information about there ebay engines, that would be great also.
GO TO MONSTER SCOOTER PARTS , THEY HAVE GREAT 50 CC LET ME TRY TO POST MY BIKE PIC.. MONSTERSCOOTER.COM

Back