Break In Chinese Motor seized. [ break in speed - oil mixture ]

the only thing that really happens during "break-in" (in my opinion) is that the rings will find their "seat"...i think 20:1 (16:1 won't hurt at all) for about 2 tanks will bring you to a point where you'll feel & hear them kick in. meantime, vary loads and speeds to make sure they have the best chance of doing that. i also think 32:1 dino is a minimal standard for the duration. again, bringing the oil up to 25:1 won't hurt a thing.

oh yeah, i suppose one other thing could happen during a break-in...too little oil could leave you with a less-than-optimized engine...or even a less-than-running engine :cry:

ride it like ya stole it, but ride it like ya love it, too 8)

I just started my bike for the first time yesterday.

I never rev it to redline, but lots of WOT action at high load.

This is the right way of breaking it in?

These engines also sound alot better than I expected, i expected an annoying pitch typical of pocket bikes and weedtrimmer engines. It just makes a nice burble instead, although its actual loudness probably doesnt differ much from the other engines.

Or maybe they sound better because i didnt need to rev them much to get usable power; and thats before its even broken in.

Lots of WOT at high load is just as bad as high rpm at low load on a new engine. The name of the game is VARY everything...load, rpm, throttle on a new engine. Short bursts at WOT/high load followed by low throttle low load would work better.

Back