Chinese Truss Rod Forks

Joe Andulics

Local time
5:31 AM
Does anyone have any experience with this Chinese made truss fork off of Ebay? I like the simple and stout look but always somewhat skeptical of fabricated parts from China. It’s intended for a motorized bike (Whizzer). Thanks

doesn't look like a typical modern Chinese part,, They always make stuff look nice but it's not strong or doesn't exactly fit. These look kinda industrial and heavy haha

The reason I'm asking, they look good, 1" steer tube welded top and bottom, allowance made for lower head set bearing, good feedback on Ebay and they've sold quite a few, price includes shipping?

are you building a whizzer, or just looking at those forks?
I might be skeptical but only bcs it looks rewelded

at the bottom bracket, the left leg and truss looks like it's redone, after it was originally plated (the bluing). I'm not a Whizzer guy, so maybe someone can chime in, if it's original for Whizzer and correct for the period. It looks old n clean,, or maybe is this guy making them you think??
like I say I don't know those bikes but it'd give you an antiquey look if you just like em bcs the style

Stiff suspension? that will be great for bumps (just jokin). From what I can see it looks like the left side is welded slightly at an angle but since it's Chinese I'm not surprised. For the whizzer I'd get some type of a old timer springer fork although I've heard of those wearing out in a few thousand miles. Depending on how much you ride. I think an old themed bike would be cool. I have an old 3hp flathead briggs I could put on something. I prefer modern shock type forks though suntour is a pretty good brand. Some people like the mustie1 style bikes with a worn look. All I know is I can't afford a whizzer if it's $4k. I can buy a brand new suzuki for that much. I have a 70's Rupp minibike but it needs some work. Front tire won't hold air and rear tire has some gashes in it. The jack shaft has play in it too so bearings maybe.

Last edited:
at the bottom bracket, the left leg and truss looks like it's redone, after it was originally plated (the bluing). I'm not a Whizzer guy, so maybe someone can chime in, if it's original for Whizzer and correct for the period. It looks old n clean,, or maybe is this guy making them you think??
like I say I don't know those bikes but it'd give you an antiquey look if you just like em bcs the style
Not a Whizzer restoration. Building a pseudo board track racer, with a Whizzer engine, so the appearance is correct. Thanks

Stiff suspension? that will be great for bumps (just jokin). From what I can see it looks like the left side is welded slightly at an angle but since it's Chinese I'm not surprised. For the whizzer I'd get some type of a old timer springer fork although I've heard of those wearing out in a few thousand miles. Depending on how much you ride. I think an old themed bike would be cool. I have an old 3hp flathead briggs I could put on something. I prefer modern shock type forks though suntour is a pretty good brand. Some people like the mustie1 style bikes with a worn look. All I know is I can't afford a whizzer if it's $4k. I can buy a brand new suzuki for that much. I have a 70's Rupp minibike but it needs some work. Front tire won't hold air and rear tire has some gashes in it. The jack shaft has play in it too so bearings maybe.
Thanks, not sure where I'm going yet with the front end, springer, truss, or girder. Just soliciting opinions for now

get a nice solid fork with alot of rake/trail if your road driving they act like a leaf spring on the roads very smooth and handle better at high speed

Back