Chinese two strokes

B

BSA

I am aware of the EPA banning the Chinese two strokes in the USA. It has been said that none of such engines have been imported into the USA since 2005. Can someone tell me what is likely to happened to the future availability of spare parts\ new engine? I was unsure after reading earlier posts.

thanks, BSA

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I understand, the ban became effective Jan. 2006, but that does not prohibit the importation of the engine's service parts...

There seems to be little reduction in the engines' availability as complete engines have been assembled with service parts and some complete bicycle engine kits have made it across our borders from neighboring countries.

In other words, there are still plenty of engines and parts available... at least for a couple of years yet, anyway. By then, however, there will more than likely be at least one or two cool-looking, clean and reliable 4-stroke frame-mount kits available.

Thanks, i'm glad that spare parts will be availible in the near future.
shame they banned it cos it is a nice engine, but the doo-gooders at the EPA must have there way...

BSA

Don't worry ... Just like anything if there is a demand then there will be a supply no mater what any "laws" say...

Worse case is it just may get more expensive over time to the point something else that is comparable is more easily available at a cheaper price.

Back