Carby Choke and Throttle Problem

kevingkruse

Local time
11:00 AM
Ok, so I have this mini pocket bike, I don't know if its ok to post about this here but my problem is with the carb I assume and its the same one as on the motors for bicycles. Whenever I hit about 1/4 throttle it bogs down then comes back to life when I go past 1/4, I've tried different idle/c-clip adjustments but still the same, there's my throttle problem. For my choke, its normal when its on but I can only get moving when its around 1/2 way, then when I start going faster, it bogs. When its totally off, I can go faster but I can't get moving, It seems I have to find the perfect spot. Any ideas on what could be the issue?

Well I fixed the choke issue, I guess there was a c-clip position I missed... but my throttle problem is still there. I've noticed that when I first start it up its fine for a couple seconds but after that it bogs when I hit 1/4 throttle. Do you think its getting too much gas when I throttle or not enough? Or would gas not be an issue?

EDIT: More Info
I found out that if I slowly accelerate it won't bog out at 1/4 throttle, but if I go fast then it bogs for bout 1 second then starts goin

Another EDIT: More Info
When I'm going faster than 1/2 throttle and I throttle quickly it doesn't bog out, it picks up strongly rather than from start. I'm just trying to give as much info as I can. I know this bike can be very strong from the start like when I start up the engine for a few seconds but that little bog is keeping me from it. I replaced the manifold gaskets but still the same, so I don't think its an air leak.

Last edited:
1. what carb
2. what PIPE?
3. reed valves

cheap china engine, the reeds are always suspect. either bent missing or sticking. take off entire carb manifold, check. replace if needed.

pipe can cause all sorts of issues when its a cheap bit of china bling, with no regard for proper exhaust design or even airflow! cut one open and if you know whats what, youll scream! a straight pipe is better than what they stick on those things!

carb. ill assume its the standard lil slide carb...pull it apart. completely. clean, inspect for damage, reassemble.

then its down to getting the jet right... drill it, solder it, learn to do a plug chop... as it is, it sounds too lean. http://www.mikuni.com/pdf/vmmanual.pdf

read thoroughly, digest the parts that are relevant... 75% of a carb is the same as every other carb...

Back