Engine Trouble Choking the engine?

Ashven

Local time
12:21 AM
I have had this bike for about a month now but the motor on it is about 2 years old. My most recent issue is the bike will run when the choke is on but the moment the choke is off it dies...I don't think I can give it CPR either so that wont work. anyone have any suggestions?

I forgot to mention. I know next to nothing about motors. My brother does though but he is stumped about this as well.

Sounds like a leak in your air intake. Tighten the bolts on you intake manifold (don't over tighten). If that doesn't work, replace the gasket and apply some silicon sealer to it. You will have your motor running good again soon.

i am his brother, and im thinking its the fact there is no needle retainer on the needle, and maybe a bad gasket on the intake, also the muffler is busted off, so all there is a a pipe about 12-14 in long as a header

mind you also his crank might need a new gasket as well its coated in about an 1/8th in coating of gas and oil, it looks like sludge on a black engine

One thing I have been needing to ask. I have searched online for a new muffler and bought one. But I read online that there is a muffler for 49 cc and one for 66/80cc...Would it matter which one I put on my bike?

we also sealed the intake manifold with rtv, still same problems, the bike was running good without the muffler a week ago, could the carb be leaking somewere

First thing: get rid of the standard intake tube and install a Rock Solid Engines Reed Valve Intake System.
Next task is to slide an o-ring inside the carburettor body, making for a leak free fit, when the carburettor is pressed against the Reed Valve Intake System.

Well. I found the issue and it will cost 60 bucks to fix. First ff. there is a gouge inside the cylinder causing the air leak. Second. One of the piston rings snapped in half. I did some research and to replace those through stock parts will cost me 65 bucks. So instead I decided to just buy a new motor. http://www.bicycle-engines.com/2stroke-engines-c-22.html is the motor im getting if anyone has any thoughts on it

a gouge in the cylinder will not cause an air leak, it, and the busted ring will cause compression loss (low power).

Back