choo choo choo choo........

rgd48

Local time
2:34 PM
o.k. gentlemen. i've searched the forums and i think i have a new kind of a problem for ya's. i have a new grubee skyhawk. everything is tight and locked down. i'm riding along and then i loose power and it started sounding like a choo choo train. i stop and checked to see what happened and noticed that my sparkplug was hanging by the plugwire. i tried to put it back in and it wouldn't tighten. i think this thing was blown out. put a new plug in and it tighted up. what happened? also, this motor gets extremely hot. hotter than what i think is nornmal. i painted the head cover. would this have anything to do with this? and i noticed the terminal end of the plug was partially pulled up from the ceramic. any ideas?

yes, if you were running the spark plug that came with the engine.
These plugs are JUNK! the best thing to do it throw them away right out of the box and install an ngk or eqivelent plug.
the china plugs not only give weak aprk, but they are VERY badly made.
I'd bet that the threads on the plug weren't very good to start with and the plug really didn't have enough threads to hold it in the cylinder.
as long as a new plug screwed back in and tighten down, the threads in the cylinder head are fine.
Painting the cylinder head would not have anything to do with this happening.

alrighty then...did that and plug number 2 blew right out of there. i think the threads inside are now stripped. if so, can the be rethreaded? also, what is the process for rejetting the cns carb? it has the same characteristics as most all posts on this confounded piece of ingenuity!!!!!

vrrrrroooooooooomm!!!!

check this out. i took off the head cover which is slanted and and replaced it with the old head cover from the fying horse, which is straight. got on and varooom-ba!!! it took off like a missle on a mission!!!!:sick: i got so fast i nearly pooped on myself:poop: 38mph and i'm 280lbs. i visioned a wheel coming off or something and backed off. i'm running the hybrid tires and didn't want to experience a catastrophic event:whistle: i'm a happy camper now!!:giggle::D be safe!!:helmet:

by the way it's not a head cover...it's the head itself.
the head with the straight plug is supposed to be a lower compression head, but i don't know how true that actually is.
I think the angle plug heads were designed mostly for frame clearance but they claim that it is a high compression head.
maybe you noticed a boost in power because your spark plug was not sealing the hole all the way, causing the engine to lose compression.

goosebumps all over....

yep this thing does give me goosebumps. i'm a happy camper. it's like this... if this is supposed to be a low comp. head, i would be real terrified to experience what high comp. is like. this thing has lots of it. i have to cross a draw bridge twice a day and it is truly phenominal. i'm a big guy.:helmet:

Back