Christmas Present

M

MotoredTed

I really want to put a Motor on this. But I cant decide what yet!

My origional build Is broken down with only 42 miles on it. Im waiting for Kings to send me a new cdi. I E Mailed them last week and they replied they will send one right away no questions asked. So far Kings customer service has bent over backwards for me.

I would like to put a Revo Power wheel on the Schwinn, but they are pretty pricy $$. If I did go with the Revo Power I could still easily keep the bike origional by just changing the front wheel. I will think about it for a while.

What do you guys think?

Ted

Attachments

• Schwinn_640x480.jpg
    Schwinn_640x480.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 254
Last edited by a moderator:
That's beauty man. Is Revo now selling? They're not real powerful but would be an excellent choice for that Schwinn IMO...

Revo is not the way to go,I did some testing for them some time back and It's fine if you want to go to the store and back mind you dont carry anything home, the are way underpowered and heat up really fast,I locked up 2 test units within 17 miles less than a full tank run thats all I can say about thr Revo Power Wheel, in a public fourm!

Ok thanks welder it would be really easy to take the wheel off if I ever wanted to sell it ,just take the wheel off,no fiss no muss no scratches. The only reason I bought it was an old friend needed the money.

He said he wanted a Hundred but his wife seemed a little ticked at that price so I gave him another fifty. I was already looking for an older Cruiser type bike anyway I dont know anything about Schwinn's but he has taken excellent care of it. I think it is worth at least that.

His son worked at Schwinn and built it fore him about 10 years ago,it has aluminum rims and I think the spokes are 12 gauge,and as I said it is in very good shape.

Ted

A Staton or DE friction would be reasonably easy to mount/remove. That is a pretty bike.

Alaska Im pretty new to motorbikes and the motors,can you post me a couple of links?

That's a beauty, sure would be nice to keep that retro look. A shiny chrome speedo would look great, reminds me of my misspent youth.

Back