chrome engine parts

A

atcspaul

winter is here bike in the house and thinking of ways to fix her up during winter months. thinking about having the head chrome plated also the side covers on both sides. going to get some estimates on cost and let you know what i find out. or if anyone else has looked into it let me know. if i go that route i will probably paint the rest of the engine in a flat black and anyone know what the best paint to use to do that is with the amount of heat involved. thanks:cool:

Rusttolium flat black BBQ grill paint in the rattle can.
Three light coats and it is best to let it dry between coats.

As far as chrome...you might want to look at sprayonchrome.com.....supposedly a chrome job you can spray on.
Andrew

You might want to do some research before you decide to chrome plate your cylinder head. Chrome plating aluminum makes it very brittle. I have some experience in homebuilt and experimental aircraft construction and it's a big no-no to chrome plate aluminum structural components.

Yes, atcspaul, I'm a private pilot (SMEL). I own a company that designs and builds flight inspection systems and get to fly on other people's nickel in connection with my work. I see that you're from Battle Creek. There's a Flight Inspection Field Office there so I'm sure you've worked with flight check before. That's sort of what I do.

Sorry, guess this is a bit off topic.

ya i worked radar at new york tracon lga sector for a while and 5 other airports. old now over 50 so came to battle creek to relax lol. flight checks hanger is just below the tower

Back