Engine Trouble Chrome plating wearing off cylinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought it's a poorly coated nicasil layer. It might be a crap, because that was the cheapest on Ebay, my original cylinder looks better, but some people said it's worn and I need to replace it (I used 1:40 oil mixture). Now I'm using 1:30, started breaking in with 1:16, but after 3 days the cylinder coating started to peel off. I'd like to make a sleeved cylinder or buy one, that would last longer. And yes I can feel the wear lines. I live in Europe (Hungary) and I can't find any resource for the sleeve. Could a steel pipe work as a sleeve? I know someone who can make the sleeving I just need to give him the resource.

well, it can not be wearing away very much if there is still cross hatch marks in the shiny areas because the cross hatch is maybe around .0001 deep (one 10th of one one thousand) but obviously it is bad if it is peeling off.

the company below is the largest aftermarket sleeve mfg in the US. I would call and ask them what grade of steel you can use or you can buy a sleeve from them. A girl will likely answer and she knows pretty much everything.

From Europe try dialing 001-800-822-6005

https://www.lasleeve.com/

The vertical marks are a problem and can be caused by using too little oil, sand/dirt getting inside, or the clearance being too small between the piston and the cylinder.

Last edited:
I always thought it's a poorly coated nicasil layer. It might be a crap, because that was the cheapest on Ebay, my original cylinder looks better, but some people said it's worn and I need to replace it (I used 1:40 oil mixture). Now I'm using 1:30, started breaking in with 1:16, but after 3 days the cylinder coating started to peel off. I'd like to make a sleeved cylinder or buy one, that would last longer. And yes I can feel the wear lines. I live in Europe (Hungary) and I can't find any resource for the sleeve. Could a steel pipe work as a sleeve? I know someone who can make the sleeving I just need to give him the resource.
Grubee sells a sleaved cylinder as does MZ Miami and Zedamotorsports has a few sizes available.

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

MZ Miami.. Thanks for the site, but the cylinder is sold out, however they sell reed valve , but I don't know what does flat rate mean.
upload_2018-1-17_18-25-21.png

If any of you know what does that mean I'd really appreciate it, I think it's a slow free shipping like on Aliexpress but correct me if I'm wrong.

MZ Miami.. Thanks for the site, but the cylinder is sold out, however they sell reed valve , but I don't know what does flat rate mean.
View attachment 80612
If any of you know what does that mean I'd really appreciate it, I think it's a slow free shipping like on Aliexpress but correct me if I'm wrong.
Mz has steel sleaved 48mm with piston and every thing in stock atm their site say's.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORIZED-B...AKE-/282789899121?vxp=mtr&hash=item41d7976b71
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORIZED-B...AKE-/282789896707?vxp=mtr&hash=item41d7976203

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I can't really tell if it's really sleeved, and they don't answer me on Ebay. :/
s-l1600.jpg

That's how a sleeved cylinder look like:
the-cylinder-with-steel-sleeve-jpg.14094

if they are referring to usps flat rate, it will get there within 2 to 3 days from when they ship it.

2 stroke stuffing on yt is getting into DIY nickasil plating now. looks to be something an average joe could attempt even if you do iron sleeved jugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back