Chug-a-lug

How about the rubber for filling the Keep it or use metal to fill the gap? Either of you have experience with that?
i use rubber myself, though its thinner than yours and i have no vibration or grip problems whatsoever.

You can see it showing itself in the pics below...DAMIEN

Yep...thats a front engine mount your using in the rear...lol...change it about...lol.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 178
Thank you. I went a long way to keep the look. The gas tank is actually the box on the rear rack. I also did a lot not to alter the original bike in anyway. I use a break lever for throttle to avoid drilling a hole in the bar and having a throttle style that didn’t match the look.

looking for a 1950’s electric horn and I found a kill switch from the 50’s on its way. First project of any kind like this so I got hooked real quick.

Love that Western Flyer. Great choice for a M/B, (y)
Back in the 50s you would of seen a Whizzer Motor on that bike

Love that Western Flyer. Great choice for a M/B, (y)
Back in the 50s you would of seen a Whizzer Motor on that bike
I’ll have to look up Whizzer Motors.

I search 6 months for the bike just for this purpose. I’m in my 50’s but I always looked back at the old bikes with awe.

i use rubber myself, though its thinner than yours and i have no vibration or grip problems whatsoever.

You can see it showing itself in the pics below...DAMIEN

Yep...thats a front engine mount your using in the rear...lol...change it about...lol.
Damien. Bad Arse! Where did you find those mount pieces, I have search extensively for something just like that but have found nothing. And the 1 inch tube has almost no options.

Damien. Bad Arse! Where did you find those mount pieces, I have search extensively for something just like that but have found nothing. And the 1 inch tube has almost no options.
Yeah, lol on the mount being in the wrong location, but it’s been a great way to learn.

That mount of mine is hand made by myself and a friend of mine at the White Sands Missile Proving Grounds here in the Alamogordo NM area.

We hand made and hand custom fitted it to my bike...Its made from 7075 T6 Military Aviation Grade Aluminum...we over engineered everything...lol...DAMIEN

I’ll have to look up Whizzer Motors.

I search 6 months for the bike just for this purpose. I’m in my 50’s but I always looked back at the old bikes with awe.
To install a Whizzer engine on a 50s Western Flyer would be correct for the bike. But a 2 stroke build is very nice too (y)

Here's a vintage 50s Western Flyer with a vintage 50s Whizzer Motor
DSCF3872.JPG

This is my Whizzer M/B

Attachments

• DSCF3705.JPG
    DSCF3705.JPG
    245.4 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCF3706.JPG
    DSCF3706.JPG
    285.7 KB · Views: 158
To install a Whizzer engine on a 50s Western Flyer would be correct for the bike. But a 2 stroke build is very nice too (y)

Here's a vintage 50s Western Flyer with a vintage 50s Whizzer Motor
View attachment 104848

This is my Whizzer M/B
That’s sweet. Did you add the springer front end or is that original. Once I get this motor settled, I am going to change the exhaust to be more like yours.

Back