Chung Yang 460R go to spot

dchevygod

Local time
8:10 AM
I just bolted a cy460r to an ezip trailz and I am extremely impressed with the power. I have seen a couple instances of this engine on a MB. Let's get a good reference source for this engine on this site. 4.2 HP @ 11000 rpm and the only real down flaw is a high clutch stall rpm which can be fixed with the lower stall springs. $255 plus shipping from ADA racing. If you have a 78mm mount check this motor out its worth every penny. I like the mini 4strokes but if you want to go fast this is the ticket!

460 engines habitually break clutch lower stall springs when you're miles from home.
It's a major design defect, but then 460s were never built to idle @ 2700rpm.
I quieted down the 460 dramatically. When a solution is offered, then I'll run 460s again.
I replaced mine with a Tanaka 47R, which has zero issues.
I also quited down this Tanaka engine too.

OK 5-7 I have a close ties to the goped world and have intended to upgrade the 3 shoe 3 spring clutch to a " super clutch " 2 shoes and 1 spring. Like the g43l clutch which is very reliable.

IMG_0117.jpg here is the super clutch for the 460 or g62 TS or skopod conversion. This will make my bike a reliable commuter I hope. My current stock clutch engages at 5700 supposedly and stalls at 7300 again supposedly. It feels more like a 7000 engagement and 9000 stall. I have gotten this motor to nearly 12000 RPM @ 43.27 mph and love it! But I'd like to be able to cruise at a lower speed than 27mph cause that's where the clutch stops slipping! Also it shakes when the clutch engages? I'm hoping that lowering the stall speed will fix the bad shake and make it more rideable.

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm sure you know that 460 crank has a tapered end. Does this clutch also have that tapered end?
Will this clutch work? It's meant to engage @ 2,000rpm, while the 460 idles at 2500-3000rpm.
It's sad that the 460's OEM clutch doesn't work for MBs. It seems to be of high quality, more so than the 3-spring Cag clutch.

Yes these have a taper in em. They were being sold on goped nation and billetboard by a guy who was jacking up the price to $75!!! The 2000 rpm engagement is awesome for acceleration and works really well. And you could always lighten the shoes for a higher engagement.

I've used lighter springs on the 460 clutch. I've also used the 3-spring $10 Cag clutch.
Both allowed the 460 to engage around 2700rpm. That allowed the 460 to remain tame from a standing start thru low, middle and high rpm ranges.
Sadly these two options were unreliable.

I'm gonna buy that clutch you recommended. Its key component is the piece the bolts onto the 460's tapered shaft.
If the springs or shoes break, hopefully the center piece will bolt onto the Tanaka 47R's clutch.
If it does, I believe that it will forever cure 460 clutch issues.

What can I lose? The price is right! Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back