Chung Yang R460 Muffler/Exaust Pipe

66cc-outlaw

Local time
11:14 AM
I was riding along one day on my bike with a Chung Yang R460 motor on it and all of a sudden I heard some metal clinking sound behind me and then the Motor got really loud. I was on bridge over water a few miles so I didn't stop to see what it was. When I got home I examined the Motor and it appears that a part had fallen off. It appeared to be the Exuast Pipe or Muffler. I didn't go back looking for it since I believe it may have fallen into the water.

Does anyone know where to buy a replacement Chung Yang R460 Muffler/Exaust Pipe?
2013-03-25 16.50.59.jpg

These bikes are my main means of transportation since I have no cars or enough income to afford cars.

Chung Yang R460 Muffler/Exaust Pipe

I looked it up and found that the Goped company sell this motor and parts. I called them and got the replacement parts list.

http://www.goped.com/shop/engines/CY42.asp

Parts needed.

#10 Gasket; muffler (GP420RS & GP460RS) $3.19
#11 Bolt; muffler M5 x 65 $0.38
#8 Muffler; w/o S.A. (GP420RS & GP460RS) $18.19
#25 Muffler cover assy (GP420RS & GP460RS) $8.99
#26 Bolt torx; M4 x L10 $0.35

I ran a CY460/friction drive years ago. This company sells mufflers, pipes parts and complete 460 engines:

www.davesmotors.com

I removed the original fuel tank and used to run a 4-liter peanut tank, mounted it on the bike's top tube. That gave 100+ mile driving range.

I'll bet the 66cc china muffler makes it much quieter without sacrificing power compared to the stock can...?
A powerpipe would be a nice upgrade to performance but the stealth of the china pipe is a plus.
-Lowracer-

If you go on YouTube and look at mine
Go to Dax friction drive and look for Charlene carter like 6 or 7 down you will see mine

Back