Cities and Routes to Avoid

Trying to balance AVOID and INVITE, so far most places are great, and on the INVITE side, I start with 2 warnings about a)shoulder surface and b) horn blowers in Mississippi.

One "hint" on long distance travel.

Say you are going across Kansas in a W by NW direction. On a map, find the metro areas (i.e. Kansas City-Witchita) and split the difference, if you stay in a buffer zone- 50 miles away from metro areas, Traffic is going to be lighter.

Trucks will radio ahead, to alert fellow CB radio folks. I know because on the Denver Trip I heard a trucker per day tell me so. A farmer/rancher passes me on his way to coffee/lunch, and tells the "communtity" theres a nut on a red bike screaming up a hill, musta been doing 30.

The don't notice the engine, because I like doing that "casual looking uphill pedaling" trick, it's a optical illusion that looks like slo-mo.

bama stirring the pot agen ????

Bama SCOOTERS ARE ILLIGAL not motor assisted bikes: The electric scooters, sometimes referred to as "go-peds" or "motorized foot scooters," are for the most part kick scooters with a motor, or electric-powered mo-peds. They have top speeds between 10 and 20 mph, and cost from $100 to $1,000.

"They are not street legal to be on the street and we don't allow motorized two-wheeled vehicles on the sidewalk," Tuszynski said. "They can't keep up with traffic ... they have to have lights, brakes, turn signals and horns, and then they could be licensed as a mo-ped. The state has very specific regulations on how they can be licensed as a moped." WE DO NOT RIDE ON SIDEWALKS WE CAN USE LIGHTS AND HORNS

Wisconsin Moped Laws
"Moped" means any of the following motor vehicles capable of speeds of not more than 30 miles per hour with a 150-pound rider on a dry, level, hard surface with no wind, excluding a tractor, a power source as an integral part of the vehicle and a seat for the operator:
(a) A bicycle-type vehicle with fully operative pedals for propulsion by human power and an engine certified by the manufacturer at not more than 130 cubic centimeters or an equivalent power unit.

(b) A Type 1 motorcycle with an automatic transmission and an engine certified by the manufacturer at not more than 50 cubic centimeters or an equivalent power unit.

"Motor bicycle" means a bicycle to which a power unit not an integral part of the vehicle has been added to permit the vehicle to travel at a speed of not more than 30 miles per hour with a 150-pound rider on a dry, level, hard surface with no wind and having a seat for the operator.

No person may operate a moped or motor bicycle unless the person possesses a valid operator's license or a special restricted operator's license. A license under this paragraph does not authorize operation of a moped or motor bicycle if the license is revoked, suspended, canceled or expired. The permit for moped and motor bicycle operation shall be valid for 6 months and entitles the permittee to operate a moped or motor bicycle subject to restrictions specified by the department by rule.

No person operating a moped or motor bicycle may go upon any expressway or freeway when official signs have been erected prohibiting such person from using the expressway or freeway.

For the purpose of parking, mopeds and electric personal assistive mobility devices shall be considered bicycles. Where possible without impeding the flow of pedestrian traffic, a bicycle, moped, or electric personal assistive mobility device may be parked on a sidewalk. A bicycle, moped, or electric personal assistive mobility device may be parked in a bike rack or other similar area designated for bicycle parking.

this is a state law that superseads local law

Cookie

that's a stupid rule and really discriminates against poor folk. and those cops have nothiuing better to do than hassle someone riding a motorized scooter.

It really bothers me when the government tries to save us from ourselves.

SNAP!!

That loud snapping sound was my sphincter slamming tight with all these DEMS in Washington get ready for a wild ride no more tax cuts, higher fuel rates, higher prices on everything (the snow ball effect from raising min. wage) major cut and run so the Islamic radicals are al ready talking about the white house and dirty bombs.

You are right I hope the gov stays out of my life but FAT CHANCE!! now

Cookie

The Sheboygan County Planning Department says electric scooters are allowed on the Old Plank Road Trail, as long as the engine size is under 50cc
that should give you some idea of who you're dealing with...

Re: SNAP!!

Cookie said:

That loud snapping sound was my sphincter slamming tight with all these DEMS in Washington get ready for a wild ride no more tax cuts, higher fuel rates, higher prices on everything (the snow ball effect from raising min. wage) major cut and run so the Islamic radicals are al ready talking about the white house and dirty bombs.

You are right I hope the gov stays out of my life but FAT CHANCE!! now

Cookie

well that seems like a paranoid response, I think what we've learned from the last 6 years of bushness is that the country doesn't want radicalization from the left OR the right. We should expect to see fairness toward both ends of the spectrum so we don't have huge tax breaks for the filthy rich and at the same time no million dollar grants for fecal art projects (if you know what I mean).

"Me, being strictly neutral, I'll bash all of 'em in sight!"
(that's a quote from an old Irish Rovers song by the way)
:LOL:

Back