Clacking noise, now it won't run.

you were able to "push" the piston down? I assume without pulling the clutch. Thats pretty bad. I think your engine has been destroyed.

This engine kit is very inexpensive and in my opinion, bulletproof. This engine is also the most powerful of my engines out of the box. It has a different design than traditional engines, not that it is "better". I ride this engine 32 miles a day commuting, (when I use it). I have gotten it so hot it melted my plug wire.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Did you role the bike with the head off? With the clutch out the piston should cycle up and down, if not you have internal problems. Be sure to add washers and nuts to at least two cylinder studs to prevent damage to the base gasket to keep the cylinder in place.
I did roll off and I thought it was strange the cylinder wasn't moving but I wasn't sure if this was because the head was off and was affecting compression

you were able to "push" the piston down? I assume without pulling the clutch. Thats pretty bad. I think your engine has been destroyed.

This engine kit is very inexpensive and in my opinion, bulletproof. This engine is also the most powerful of my engines out of the box. It has a different design than traditional engines, not that it is "better". I ride this engine 32 miles a day commuting, (when I use it). I have gotten it so hot it melted my plug wire.

Is it possible it's just a bad engine? It's been leaking gas down the center of it. I don't know what I could of done for this to happen, I only have about 30 miles on it

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
As you've likely found out the hard-way... these China Doll engines can be a bit of a crap shoot. ESPECIALLY if you did not take it apart and check out the known potential problem areas ... and/or picked the engine up cheap on Amazon/Ebay.

So yeah... it's very possible it was just a "bad engine" or one not quite put together "right".

Take the exhaust and carb off and pull the cylinder off and check the piston if unsure. The head is already off, only two more steps.

What am I supposed to be looking for?
If the piston comes off with the cylinder or the cylinder doesn't slide right off without much effort. If the piston stays put, then check if it wobbles side to side. If it's all ok then put it back together, you'll have to squeeze the rings in a bit to get the cylinder back on.

It sounds like you haven’t had one or these engines apart before so let’s start simple, remove the right side clutch cover and roll the bike with the clutch lever out, there are four woodruff keys in the engine, three of these can be your problem area. You need to find where the engine stops turning, then you will find the problem. If I had to guess I would say the key under one of the gears has totally sheared.

It sounds like you haven’t had one or these engines apart before so let’s start simple, remove the right side clutch cover and roll the bike with the clutch lever out, there are four woodruff keys in the engine, three of these can be your problem area. You need to find where the engine stops turning, then you will find the problem. If I had to guess I would say the key under one of the gears has totally sheared.
I'm going outside now. I'm going to remove the clutch cover. Where would these keys be located?

You have a key under the chain gear, and both of the gears on the clutch side, you can’t see them without removing the gears.

Back