Classic Terratrike ready for the 'Look At The Flowers' tour!

This time last year I was planning my gutting of my tadpole, to fit my fatbike with a BBS02. Ran the hell out of it last year.
Wife wasn't doing so good.

What a difference a year makes, she's healthy, and asking if her trike ready to go. Said I have to ride a trike to, thats our thing (pouty face).

So, I pouted up a Bafang 48V500W rear hub and bought it.
Its pretty peppy. It cruises up to 25mph pretty fast. Its more a greenway and park and country road cruiser, not a street runner.
20230119_155341.jpg

20230119_155350.jpg

It won't be as versatile as the 7x3 hub on a middrive. It'll be easy. And a lot less chain wear, for a chain 3 chains long thats big.

I think I'm gonna like the change. I forgot how nice it was to kick back and ride.

Loaded the trikes and went into the city to ride the greenways east of downtown. Never knew all that greenspace was in the middle of the city!

We rode for miles got lost didn't care. First time we ever went riding somewhere I hadn't ridden before.

New fatter tires, and really liking the hub drive.

Attachments

• 20230420_123721.jpg
    20230420_123721.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 20230420_123659.jpg
    20230420_123659.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 72
Loaded the trikes and went into the city to ride the greenways east of downtown. Never knew all that greenspace was in the middle of the city!

We rode for miles got lost didn't care. First time we ever went riding somewhere I hadn't ridden before.

New fatter tires, and really liking the hub drive.
Did you see any helicopters in our travels?

I owned a Terra Trike from Wiz Wheels as my first recumbent. It cost $1700 way back then. It was sold when I needed money. They were so rare that a guy drove from Texas to the suburbs of New Orleans to buy it. It was a good deal for him too. Mine was red. I had never considered putting a motor on it back then.

If I were to live someplace with snow and icy roads, I would consider getting one of those for putting a motor on it. Studded tires would be needed too.

Wife's rear tire is flat, and the reason amazes me. Her trike has a dual brake locking lever, but no brake sensor. I never saw a need till she forgot to unlock it.

Her trike also runs a 34T on the BBS02B. 32T on back, its a torque monster.

Well, she tried to take off twice, both times it spun the rear wheel! Of course it torqued the valve stem.

If I did that with 44T on front (and I have, front wheels in a dip) I'd strip my nylon gear (and I have, it ground up into bits).

Murphy's Law applies, I have a brake sensor, its even laying on the table. Had it for two years. Guess I should install it b4 she smokes her nylons...

I missed my speedtrike. Talked wife into a swap, her trike isn't suited for speed.

Its back to middrive dualdrive 7x3 goodness. Local classic bicycle shop is hosting a car and bike show, and a ride, so I cleaned it up good too fir the show.

Rode it to check it out geez its scary fast. I been sitting too high too long, now I'm back clise to Earth.

No pics yet.
I'll throw out one of my tresspasser pics @18th hole.
🤣
20200421_142608.jpg

Back