Clone motor Mount plates?

bikeH0rn

Local time
8:25 PM
Hello,
Since i am on the tail of my current 2 builds...

I am building custom wheels for my 3 builds using up the hubs i ordered from chinabay and the hoops i could find that suited best, my 2 current build will be finished shortly.
It has only taken 25 donor wheels, 3 packs of new heavy duty spokes (12g and 10g), a gemini hub, 2 solid axle hubs and about 9 attempts at building 1 wheel... i am there.

The first hurdle was Carburettors, then engine assembly, then electrics, then wheels, now its going to be gx160's and faker frames.

I am planning two builds on faker or cruiser type frames using a gx160 clone, a gx140 genuine and i have other engines too as options...

My question is, where can i find engine mount plates for both horizontal and vertical engine mounts for the honda/predator motors?
Or- should i just use u-bolts, trailer axle clamps and build my own mount plate from 8mm steel?

My other questions are,
what success have people had with variators?

Will i need a jackshaft to line up the back drive sprocket for the variator?

Or is that only for "no kit" builds?

Keep in mind i plan on using the Felt Faker frame type with a gemini hub.

Hello,
Or- should i just use u-bolts, trailer axle clamps and build my own mount plate from 8mm steel?
My other questions are,
what success have people had with variators?

Will i need a jackshaft to line up the back drive sprocket for the variator?

Or is that only for "no kit" builds?

Keep in mind i plan on using the Felt Faker frame type with a gemini hub.
Variators are cool. Because of the width of the engine you might want to change out the jack shaft on the driven pulley so that it's long enough to drive the right side chain.

Back