Close Encounter Of The 3rd Kind

most cops enjoy there job except for the paper work ,,and today behind every charge there is a lot of paper work ,,and when the law is not clear that makes it worst

every cop has a bicycle in their family wife, kid, grandson , and they all understand that bicycle is a great way to get around ,and most cops know that when his family finds out about mb his wife ,kid,or grandson is going to want one ,, there is already in my home town a cop"s wife that has one , ,so unless they are pushed by there boss ,the last thing they want to do is start handing out tickets on any kind of bicycle , if someone is a idiot on a mb or just a bicycle they have no choice because there job is in part to keep the public safe .
if and when the general public start complaining about mb ,and causing accident thats when we are in trouble ,thats when he boss is going to tell the cops to clamp down , so it will depend on how long the mb community will be able to keep the hobby safe and keep mb out of the hands of idiots which is impossible, and one reason the idiots are not mb owners is because these kits take skill and time to keep running ,but that may change as the 4 strokes hits the market ,

, this forum is our best hope to keep the hobby safe and will help delay the heavy hand of the law . so drive safe ,ware a helmet ,obey the rules ,and do all you can to educate new owners of mb
japat

In most states, bicycle laws are pretty generous. If you say a bicycle is prohibited on public roadways, then VA is really different. In Texas a bicycle is allowed on all public roads EXCEPT those posted as being prohibited. These are generally in urban areas and yes if the minimum speed is 45, then you could not be in the traffice lane. Out where I live there are more miles of paved roads than people in the county. If one obeys the law one tends not to have issues with Leo. Having somewhat of a misspent youth and having a long list of things I should regret, but dont, I can understand how conflicts with the menyons of Justice can occur. I just keeper to the right, and wave at everybody.

Yesterday. I stopped in at The Phone Company to pay my bill. When I came out, I saw the local Chief of Police (off duty, waiting for his wife who works there), he was sitting in his truck and looking at my trike. I walked over, and smiled and promised him I'd put a flag on it and be extra careful so he wouldn't get a call to come scrape me off the pavement, etc. Pleasant conversation. I don't think they'll give me trouble about it when it's motorized.

Back