Closing the shop

Big Red

Local time
4:54 PM
Today I am working on my last customer bike for a while. I dont really want to, but I gotta close Fatdaddy's MotoPeds untill I get a little healthier. I'm hopeing this is temporary. Working on and riding Motorized bikes is the only thing that I've found this much enjoyment doing in a long time. I will still be available for advice and there are a few old customers that I let actually work IN my shop, VERY FEW. and that wont change. But after three heart attacks and a stroke, I just dont have the strength to do a build in a day like I used to. It's like they say, Those who cant DO, TEACH. So for now thats what I'm going to do, Teach Those that can LEARN, To work on their own bikes. I'll also still be doing whatever it is I do on the forum. I hope I've been of some help during my time here. I plan to continue doing so, I'll see what the future brings for me,
SO, After almost six years, Fatdaddy's MotoPeds is closing. It was difficult decision and I feel like stomping my feet and throwing a tantrum like a little kid,(NO, NO.NO,) but it's something I gotta do. for the sake of my health.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Big Red.

Well this is sad news. And best wishes for the speediest recovery.

Can you still ride? That's surely make it a bit better.

And I suppose you can still have a bit of fun sipping on something cool and advising those few customers who you'll let in your shop.

Good luck Red, your health is more important then anything. You can still contribute here where help is always needed...............any deals on any 4 strokes laying around you won't use?

Good luck Red, your health is more important then anything. You can still contribute here where help is always needed...............any deals on any 4 strokes laying around you won't use?

hey darwin, a guy I built a hue sheng recumbent for went with the predator engine. I'll ask what he's doin with the 49cc H.S.All I have myself is a lot of old HT crap. Cases and such. I've got One rebuilt 80cc left I'm gonna put together for myself, perhaps to sell. But THAT I can take my time, No customer crying, IS IT DONE YET?

Well this is sad news. And best wishes for the speediest recovery.

Can you still ride? That's surely make it a bit better.

And I suppose you can still have a bit of fun sipping on something cool and advising those few customers who you'll let in your shop.

Yeah, and I like telling people what to do, I AM the boss in MY shop. If I'm sippin on a cold one at the time, even better. I still ride a little. just a little wobbly starting it. after it's running, I'm cool.

hang in there, modern med is getting better all the time

just finished third build after taking a year off building and was just doing small repair jobs when I felt up to it due to health issues - feeling a bit better each week now

I'm interested in the HS 49cc, what shaft, tapered or straight? Does it come with a clutch?

letting people use your workshop? wow... that alone takes guts :)

they better be aware of how privileged they are!

(maybe you could just be manager and enslave them? :giggle:)

Last edited:
Back