Clutch arm coming out =/

TJ120

Local time
12:06 PM
Hey guys,

I have a problem that i was hoping to get a little help with. I've had my bike running for about a month now and it's been doing just fine until today.

As I was riding my clutch arm popped out of the cover. So I stopped, killed the engine,took the cover off slid the arm back in, put the cover back on, tighened it all up (the aarm seemed to be in there pretty snug) ect. Then a little way down the road it did it again. So i repeated the above steps and started heading home ( happened about 3 more times on the way) to investigate the problem further, as far as I can tell nothing is wrong.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks for reading, Trevor.

Edit: By the way, it's a dax 50cc HT.

MBC EDIT: THIS THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a retaining pin in the cover that keeps the arm from coming out. Yours may be damaged or has fallen out.

Hey there Ghost,

If you're talking about the little cylinder thing in the middle of the drive sprochet, that's still in there and doesn't look to be broken, if not then please correct me.

Would post pictures but my camera is on the fritz =(

The arrow in the photo shows the pin I am talking about. There is a flat section and groove in the clutch arm. You should only be able to insert the clutch arm with the lever pointing toward the center of the bike. Then when you rotate it to the normal position that little pin keeps it from coming out.

Attachments

• IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 299
Last edited by a moderator:
Heh, you were right on the money, it's gone.

Do you know anyway I can rig it to work or do I need to order a new cover?

Thank you very much for the help by the way =)

Glad to help, that is what we are here for.
You should be able to take your cover to your local hardware store and get some music wire the correct diameter and just replace it.

My technique is, drill a hole all the way through the cover the same diameter as the hole that was in it and then put a bolt through that and a nut on the end with some lock tite. A little bolt through the whole thing I just have the top of a pan head bolt on the outside cover. That holds it good, you do not want the clutch popping out and throwing you in frount of a car or something at a stop light. See the pic just drill through that hole with the same size drill bit. That is what I did. No problems

I've had this exact same problem today going to work,
clutch didn't pop out, but I could lift it.

Tonight I'll pick my bike up if its not stolen, and check this out.

Back