Clutch Clutch Arm Is Loose...what should I do?

Albatross77

Local time
8:56 AM
Theres a lot of movement in my clutch arm now. (48cc Skyhawk engine). What Should I do to repair this?
Had it almost a year now and ride on the beach mainly

Also I remember seeing a post that had a roller bearing that the cable runs around rather than going through the guide post. Can't find anything about it
now.

The clutch arm on the engine?
if the arm is moving but the shaft that it's connected to isn't, then the splines on the shaft may be bad.
if the arm and shaft are moving, the pin and ball bearing on the inside(that activates the clutch) may be wearing out. You do grease the pin and ball bearing in there on occasion right?
when you pull in the clutch handle, the arm turns the shaft, and the shaft pushes on the pin. The pin pushes against a ball bearing on the left side, which pushes on a shaft that runs to the clutch on the right side.

arm and shaft are moving, the pin and ball bearing on the inside wearing out. OK I have only greased it twice since I've had the bike ( only because I read it here somewhere )
So... Do I buy a new clutch arm? or can I even get the pin and ball bearing? and keep a bit more grease in it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Theres a lot of movement in my clutch arm now. (48cc Skyhawk engine). What Should I do to repair this?
Had it almost a year now and ride on the beach mainly

Also I remember seeing a post that had a roller bearing that the cable runs around rather than going through the guide post. Can't find anything about it
now.

That's me... I make and sell them. Contact me through a PM.

Back