Clutch arm keeps vibrating/working loose

B

Barret

My clutch arm (on the engine) keeps vibrating/working itself up and loose, so of course when I pull the clutch on the handlebars, nothing happens. And of course when I come to a stop the bike lurches and dies. I can then place the arm back in its place and keep going, but then it just comes loose again.

Do any of you know what's supposed to prevent this from happening? Is there a bolt, bearing, or something else missing from inside the clutch cover that will keep it in place?

clutcch arm retention

Hi there is supposed to be a tiny steel pin in a lil hole inside the clutch arm cover, If damaged, or missing, the clutch arm will not stay down where it belongs, Mike

Bikemike has it....

bikemike has it right. There is a pin that retains the clutch arm. You have to pull the clutch cover to see where it is. Yours is missing. You need to get a roll pin or penny nail and make a new pin. Thanks.. Enjoy the ride..

Fashioned a nail to fit in the clutch plate hole to keep the clutch arm in place...works like a charm. I went riding tonight very happy. Thanks, guys!! :D

OK, so remember that nail I cut to make fit in the clutch plate hole to keep the clutch arm in place? I went riding tonight and was almost home and I noticed the clutch arm loose again...it had worked it's way out and was gone! I had actually also put just a tiny bit of Loctite to help keep it in place, but that apparently didn't work.

What do you guys use to keep your tiny pins in place so this doesn't happen to you? Are yours welded in?? :???:

I use the little roll pin that came from the factory ! :D

Sounds like you forgot to bend the end of the nail to keep it from working its way out.

If at first you don't succeed,,,,try,,, try,,,, a different nail? :eek:

Hope this helps.

Papa

Papasaun said:
I use the little roll pin that came from the factory!
I never got one from the factory...unless it fell out of the box somehow when I got it!

Papasaun said:
Sounds like you forgot to bend the end of the nail to keep it from working its way out.
I had actually thought about that, but I didn't want anything in the way of the chain, which runs very close in that region, but I'll try it again with your suggestion and will see how she does tonight. Thank you!!

Yes,,, Very good point, Az. Trim what ever you install so that the end does not interfere with the chain and sprocket.

Papa

Back