Clutch arm wont do anything.

Karalewis4225

Local time
7:03 AM
80cc/66cc engine kit, stock everything with NT carb. Usually when i put the engines together ill take off the clutch plate and lube the gear but this time i didnt. When we ran the bike it suddenly stopped, we could use the clutch. So i took the plate off for the first time on this new engine to find there was no small gear bolt or spring washer. The woodruff key is just fine though, and so I put a spare bolt and spring washer but nothing helped. So the bike will turn the gears but ive tried to even untwist the flower nut untill i could take the whole clutch plate off.

The clutch arm just wont move that bar inside at all to push the clutch plate whatsoever.

I read this 6 times and I still don't know what you're actually having a problem with. Please try again but more clear.

The only thing I can possibly guess from this is by the last line, which sounds like the clutch is stuck open, put the flower nut partially on and tap the center of it with a hammer lightly until it pops back in place.

I'm thinking he means clutch is stuck closed, like maybe he lost the bearing under the bucking bar, or the clutch hub got loose and moved out on the shaft.

REALLY hard to tell tho.

I'm thinking he means clutch is stuck closed, like maybe he lost the bearing under the bucking bar, or the clutch hub got loose and moved out on the shaft.

REALLY hard to tell tho.
Lol maybe it's just broke beyond hope of repair.

I'm amazed he apparently recieved a motor missing the bolt that's supposed to hold the small bevel gear on.

Oh wait no I'm not, seems like everything short of the crankcase can be forgotten to be installed on these things...

Is it even possible to start the engine with the bucking bar ball bearing missing? You'd be pedalling up to speed against the resistance of the engine, would you not?

depends on how one starts it - had a customer yesterday lifted seat and pushed pedal with his hand - I'm really old and kick it once on the build bench to start - a bike with 21-speed isn't too hard to pedal with motor engaged for a young guy

lets wait to see if OP comes back on this

Ok so I figured it out, it was the clutch arm, where the camshaft meets the clutch arm, those groves were stripped out causing the camshaft to not push that little bar inside the gear when I pulled the clutch. I NEVER HAD THAT problem but now Ill add it to my list of problems to remember.

I had this problem too couldn't figure it out for a little while. Learned not to push by cluch arm when trying to tighten the cable when i was replacing the cable

Back