clutch barrel

weefek

Local time
10:44 AM
Anyone have a good lead or any ideas on a good clutch barrel gear? Here's my original stock clutch barrel gear with about 517 km / 321 miles on it. I rebuilt a "new" clutch I got and threw it on my current bike / motor and it's amazing so far. Was centered proplerly and just opened it up to accept 1/8" ball bearings.

Regardless, as you can tell by the picture it's out of round. And by that I don't mean oval. It seems that they have machined it wrong from the factory. Approx 3mm gap on the top from pad to innner and 4mm on the bottom to inner (not including excess flashing which there was a lot).

Is there any place any of ya'll have bought this part with good results / good quality? The clutch has been a constant bane of mine causing noise and nonsense.

Attachments

• 20220719_222208.jpg
    20220719_222208.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 95
Hey what gives?

Those are the exact same parts I'm working with now. Was hoping for something better quality.

Anyone have a good lead or any ideas on a good clutch barrel gear? Here's my original stock clutch barrel gear with about 517 km / 321 miles on it. I rebuilt a "new" clutch I got and threw it on my current bike / motor and it's amazing so far. Was centered proplerly and just opened it up to accept 1/8" ball bearings.

Regardless, as you can tell by the picture it's out of round. And by that I don't mean oval. It seems that they have machined it wrong from the factory. Approx 3mm gap on the top from pad to innner and 4mm on the bottom to inner (not including excess flashing which there was a lot).

Is there any place any of ya'll have bought this part with good results / good quality? The clutch has been a constant bane of mine causing noise and nonsense.
It's amazing some of these parts even work. I'm gonna have to check my clutch now because of the above photo. My clutch goes clinkity klunk klunk klack klack as I roll the bike, engine off, clutch disengaged. I just dismissed it as the pads rattling back and forth. It's probably more than pads.

I've had new counter and rear sprockets all wonky and out of round...odd shaped teeth...leaning teeth.... deeper or shallow odd out of shape teeth.
Obviously, all these crummy parts contribute to the unreal vibrations some engines and bikes have.
The more parts you get to spin true the smoother the engine....not to mention it helps make it last a while more.

The majority of the parts for these engines are made in China with zero quality control. Sometimes you get a good one sometimes you get absolute crap. Having dealt with motorized bicycle Canada numerous times I can say they stand behind their products. If you get a crappy one they have no problem sending you another and you usually don't have to return the first one they sent. An example I ordered a 40mm crank from them last week and they sent me a 38mm one by mistake. The next day they sent me the 40mm and told me to keep the 38mm.

It's amazing some of these parts even work. I'm gonna have to check my clutch now because of the above photo. My clutch goes clinkity klunk klunk klack klack as I roll the bike, engine off, clutch disengaged. I just dismissed it as the pads rattling back and forth. It's probably more than pads.

I've had new counter and rear sprockets all wonky and out of round...odd shaped teeth...leaning teeth.... deeper or shallow odd out of shape teeth.
Obviously, all these crummy parts contribute to the unreal vibrations some engines and bikes have.
The more parts you get to spin true the smoother the engine....not to mention it helps make it last a while more.
I would at least check it if I were you.

This is my 2nd clutch rebuild as I have two gt5b engines and already rebuilt one. I put it on the bike a dew days ago and a lot of the clackety noises have gone away now that the clutch has barely any play in it.

The majority of the parts for these engines are made in China with zero quality control. Sometimes you get a good one sometimes you get absolute crap. Having dealt with motorized bicycle Canada numerous times I can say they stand behind their products. If you get a crappy one they have no problem sending you another and you usually don't have to return the first one they sent. An example I ordered a 40mm crank from them last week and they sent me a 38mm one by mistake. The next day they sent me the 40mm and told me to keep the 38mm.
Agreed, they have been good to me so far. However this is a clutch that came off of a motor kit so I think that would automatically void any warranty since I already tore down and rebuilt the whole thing.

I will say the 1st clutch I rebuilt was better than this one but not by much.

Back