clutch bearing

C

caddymankc

I searched and couldnt find my anser, would my bet be on the clutch bearing if its making a squeeking and it seem to have alot of drag, how do i get to the clutch bearing to grease it or maybe replace it?

The tee-peice that sits on the motor which guides the clutch cable. This peice unscrews. You can squeez some grease down there, and try turning the clutch at the same time as there is a thick spring there that acts like a cork screw. How are you feeling the drag??? When & how does it squeek??

When i pull in the clutch its starts squeeking real bad( when im coasting) and it just doesn't roll as good as it used to.

This thread was in the frame mount section, please bear in mind that clutch threads are for the frame mount and drivetrain section.

BSA

I figured it could be a mix of clutch and motor problems, could be a bearing gone bad in the engine, beside the clutch is part of the engine.I will grease up everything tommorow to see if it helps, does anyone know what size the bearing is if i need one?

Arhhhh ok So when you pull the clutch in. Let me try to explain some thing.
The clutch consists of 3 main pieces, The fly wheel, The centre piece of the flywheel that has the 3 prongs, and the pressure plate.
When the motor is running the outside of the flywheel is always spinning. No matter if the clutch is in or out. When the clutch is engaged every thing spins. The pressure plate has the three holes in the centre of it that fit over the three pins that stick out from the centre piece of the flywheel. The centre piece of the flywheel has small ball bearings that separates it from the outside of the main flywheel. When you pull the clutch in the pressure plate moves outwards away from the out side of the flywheel. So now that the pressure plate is disengaged from what was driving it, It is still and the centre piece of the flywheel is also still. The ball bearings that separate the outside flywheel from the centre flywheel NOW come into action. The only time these ball bearings come into action is when you pull the clutch in.
So it must be these that are squeaking.

Anyway English was one of my worse subjects so most if not all of this made no sense. I will post some pics for you they might be of some help.
There is no pressure plate in these pics. These are pics of when removing the flywheel and the centre shaft of the clutch.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 317
  • pic 7.jpg
    pic 7.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 329
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 304
  • pic 4.jpg
    pic 4.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 419
The only time these ball bearings come into action is when you pull the clutch in.

If you done the mistake I once done and washed the clutch plates not realizing there are hidden bearings in there, it can squeel and then eventually sieze. Those small 3 holes on the back of the clutch plate must be there for a reason and could possibly be to force some grease to re-lube those tiny 50 or so bearings.
Have not got around to it yet, but I think the bearings and bearing cone is re-placable, but ya might need a press.
When I looked at thsose bearings after they fell out not knowing they were there, it looks as though thay are made out of tin, cos they simply disntegrated.

<snip>The only time these ball bearings come into action is when you pull the clutch in.
Ok, finally! Someone who is having the same problem I am. Where or what would I grease to fix this sound then?

Those pictures were awesome. Can you really just take the engine apart like that?

Back