Clutch Bell, sizes, thread pattern, etc

Buzzard2

Local time
11:45 PM
I fought off the old bell from the dead roller, i had 2 other channels , the bell is to small for the roller. I sat and wept makes the bell wet and rusty. The non fitting bell and the roller to be, this is a chinese roller, any thought on what size thread?

Attachments

• IMAG1006.jpg
    IMAG1006.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMAG1009.jpg
    IMAG1009.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 186
For metric bolt size and thread pitch

To find the size of a metric bolt - Measure the DIA.
Example: Dia is 8mm

To find the thread pitch of a metric bolt - Measure 10 mm of thread, count the threads and divide
Example: Threads per 10 mm is 8 so 8 divided into 10 = 1.25

Example: The bolt size and thread pitch is 8mm x 1.25

But looking at your pic, I'm guessing your bolt size is 10mm x 1.25 but that's just a guess🤷‍♂️

You always can take the bolt to your local hardware store and match it to the display Nuts and Bolt size display board on the wall.
It's actually nuts and bolts mounted on a board that ya screw the sample nut or bolt ya brought with you to find your size

American bolts just count threads per inch and measure the DIA
Example: 1/4 is the DIA and 20 Threads per inch so the bolt size is 1/4 x 20

Thank you , do you have a chinese fd? if so what is your specs on the bell? I bought a bell off of ebay, and it fit the it was also so badly made it snapped instantly. No idea of its size as i knew so little i just saw 78mm bell and pounced. Now even looking on ebay gives me nothing. Stanton has just confused me as t owhich bell.,

Thank you , do you have a chinese fd? if so what is your specs on the bell? I bought a bell off of ebay, and it fit the it was also so badly made it snapped instantly. No idea of its size as i knew so little i just saw 78mm bell and pounced. Now even looking on ebay gives me nothing. Stanton has just confused me as t owhich bell.,
No FD for me 🤷‍♂️

FD rider's love to ride, CGer's love to tinker, nuff said!

Back