Clutch cam rod

BlindAngel

Local time
1:38 PM
Just replaced my clutch cam rod, it had the worst wear I've seen on one yet, it was making the clutch very difficult to get adjusted right but fortunately I had a spare one on hand.

Attachments

• IMG_20200126_121409.jpg
    IMG_20200126_121409.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20200126_121419.jpg
    IMG_20200126_121419.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 107
I've welded them up before, they last a bit longer when welded, welds are pretty hard compared to that little cam. Weld a bead down it and grind it back flat. This little trick keeps you moving if you don't have a spare and parts are a couple days away. I'm pretty sure if you weld them, you'll never order a new one.

I will be, I try to keep a spare of any parts that wear out or need replaced frequently.

Just replaced my clutch cam rod, it had the worst wear I've seen on one yet, it was making the clutch very difficult to get adjusted right but fortunately I had a spare one on hand.
What year engine did this come from? I've never had a problem with one, my oldest engine is 9 years old. They must be using some very soft steel.

What year engine did this come from? I've never had a problem with one, my oldest engine is 9 years old. They must be using some very soft steel.
2016 I do a lot of stop and go riding there's a lot of stop signs in my town.

Back