Clutch click clacking!

Sumsloppymeet

Local time
6:36 AM
My clutch bearings have given out on me again thats the 3rd in 4 days no more china bearings whats the best suggested high quality 6202 avaliable Nichi,SKF,koyo? I seen an american made called timken are they any good?

If your clutch bearings are giving out on you so fast I would look at something else being the problem. Maybe there is something bent or out of tolerance somewhere?

I was thinking exactly what Dan is saying. If its eating bearings that quickly something isnt aligned properly, even chinesium bearings should last longer than that. Any of the name brand bearings you mentioned are of good quality and it's really just a matter of preference. I use skf in my engines because they readily available here and I put koyo bearings in my wheels.

Check the big bevel gear to see how out of round it is. If the wobble is bad take the gear of and try reinstalling it. Clutch shaft could be bent. Nachi, FAG or SKF from France are the best brands for small roller bearings. Nachi goes on sale on Amazon about once a month. 2 for $12.

Part of the problem with the clutch shaft bearings is from them having shields and not seals. First thing I did after unboxing my engine was to dissassemble the sprocket cover and grease up the 8 mm ball bearing and bucking bar. I pumped a several cc's worth of grease deep into the shaft's hollow these parts work inside. I also removed the clutch cable fulcrum and packed a good portion of fresh grease into the hollow area the clutch pressure spring and release bar work inside. I'll assume with time this amount of grease will get everywhere inside these places and provide lube for the bearings. They've been quiet so far, fingers crossed.

Wouldn't do that unless the shaft has been removed and that part of the case cleaned. These engines are known to come with junk in the crank case and I have seen crap in the clutch shaft area. Sealed bearings work great as sealed bearings! Quality bearings come with quality lubrication. If you feel the need carefully remove the rubber shields, clean then pack with red and tacky high pressure wheel bearing lube.

Back