Clutch constantly engaged!

10% ethanol mix. but using fuel treatment in it regularly. about 100ml per litre. was running fine with it up until today.
I would make sure float in carb is not stuck. The huasheng is also known for a intake leak around the carb to engine block mounting.

I would make sure float in carb is not stuck. The huasheng is also known for a intake leak around the carb to engine block mounting.
disassembled it and cleaned everything already. thats how i found out the carb float was originally upside down and also leaking gas into the crank case. i gotta just mess with it a little i think.

noted. will try to use pure gas from now on.
Right now there's only one gas station that sells a 100% gas in my town (pop 5000). Like many others here, I use an extra large gas tank; mine is 5 quarts. Back when no station in my town sold 100% I had to clean the carbs on my lawn equipment and bike every six months or so. Since the 100% came here, I haven't cleaned one of my carbs for two years.

Sadly, I regularly clean lawn carbs for people around here for a fee. I tell them to use the 100% and they tell me that gas is too expensive. I ask them how are they saving money when they have to pay someone to fix their equipment.

Since the 100% came here I haven't cleaned one of my carbs for two years.
I can also attest to this...Haven't had to clean a carb at all in years...Here in Alamogordo, NM...Population 32,000 people, we also have only one gasoline station that sells ethanol-free gas...Murphy's...I won't use anything else in my motor.

After all the time that passed, I built 4 motorized bikes and sold 3 of them in perfect working condition.
To answer why the clutch was constantly engaged, for anyone who's new to this thread, it was because the clutch which came in the motor stock was rattling loose. It was a style where there are 3 bolts which screw into the clutch and hold the pads in place. the bolts came loose and the pads never idled. A quick disassembly of the clutch (4 bolts) and a small 5mm hex key fixed it up and it has been running well ever since april. currently has over 500 miles on the original bike and i taught each owner how to care for the engines with or without ethanol-mixed fuel. (easiest way to minimize damage is to tell them to turn petcock off and let it idle until it dies)

This has become quite a hobby and a useful one at that because of all the skittering i need to do to get around and wanting to avoid car insurance costs. Mainly using this hobby as an excuse to not buy a car yet lol. Plus I now can make side money working on lawn mowers.

Back